Monday, 14 May 2012

Polka Dot Butterfly - TRR28

TRR28 Grandmother

Hi everyone,

It's time for a new Challenge at The Ribbon Reel.  I decided to make a lovely Birthday card for my boys to give their Grandmother.

Here's this fortnight's inspiration picture provided by my lovely DT friend, Lenet Mos. The Challenge is to use DRY EMBOSSING, with the colours IVORY/WHITE, PINK, LILAC and SOFT GREEN/TURQUOISE plus RIBBON.




Here's a close-up of that ruffled ribbon, daisy lace, seam binding and sweet dotty button! I used some May Arts Pink Silk Ribbon for the ruffle which I gathered by hand using a simple running stitch. I then overlayed some sweet white guipure daisy lace and and added some lilac gems to the centre of each flower. I attached a lilac seam binding bow and cute lilac polka dot button - all from The Ribbon Reel shop.

TRR28 RUFFLE

For the butterfly, I used some sweet Pink Paislee patterned paper, embossed it using the Swiss Dots embossing folder, sponged lightly with Milled Lavender Distress Ink to define those dots and then used Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink to highlight the edge of the butterfly's wings.  I added a beautiful Tea Rose, also from The Ribbon Reel Shop.

trr28 butterfly

The sweet 'Grandmother' sentiment I used is from the Waltzingmouse Stamps 'Compact Family' set, stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black ink along the bottom of the card.

trr sentiment

To get me started, I used this weeks Card Patterns Sketch 165 for the layout of my card today.

Here's the sketch:


I'm also linking up with Challenge 71 over at the DYSU (Do You Stack Up) Blog, which is to 'Use a Flower'


That's all from me, but if you would like to make something for this challenge, head on over to The Ribbon Reel Challenge Blog where you will find FULL details and be able to gaze in awe at what the other Design Team ladies have created...you won't be disappointed!! :)


Supplies:
Papers: Pink Paislee London Market; Melissa Frances 5th Avenue
Stamps: Compact Family by Waltzingmouse Stamps
Ribbon, lace, trim, flower, button all available from The Ribbon Reel
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Antique Linen, Brushed Corduroy, Milled Lavender Distress Inks
Spellbinders Floral Doily Motifs; Grand Shapeabilities Wonderful Wings; Persian Motifs


12 comments:

Mona L. Pendleton said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mona L. Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Helen! Love the textured butterfly and all the pretty MF DP!

Karin Åkesdotter said...

WOW!!! This is so beautiful Helen - absolutely WONDERFUL take on the picture!
Hugs, Karin

Pauline said...

Helen, I did a big 'Ooooh!' when I saw your card, that ruffled ribbon is just stunning! So pretty with the layered daisy lace, and the butterfly focal point just draws the eye. Beautiful!
Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week ;-) xx

Suzie McFloozy said...

Like Pauline above I "oooh"ed too !
This is so beautiful - I adore your attention to detail - just stunning x
((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

Mary Jo said...

Oooh, gorgeous! Love your ribbon treatment! Thanks for joining us at DYSU.

Conniecrafter said...

Gorgeous, love the ruffled lace, lovely embellishing!

Pin And Tack said...

At is some challenge! You accomplished it with pure gorgeousness. Your creation is completely inspiring & oh, so fabulous!

I would be SO happy if you joined us at Tuesday Alchemy: http://tuesdayalchemy.blogspot.com

Lots of joy,
Corrinne

Jan Garber said...

Your color and details are beautiful! Thanks for joining us at DYSU!

Jeanne J said...

Another beauty! So feminine. I love that you took several close ups so I could appreciate each detail better - like that button along side the ruffles, and lace. The gems on the lace are brilliant - and all those layers that make up that butterfly .. GORGEOUS!

Keilly said...

Stunning card Helen, that ruffled ribbon looks amazing and love that sweet embossed butterfly xx

Christina said...

What a lovely, feminine creation, Helen! So many beautiful details--I'm sure the recipient will treasure it. Thanks for joining us this week at Card Patterns!