Wednesday, 16 May 2012

No.1 Dad...Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge 97

!!Hello Stampers!!

I have a card for this week's brilliant Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge no. 97 - here's the sketch by lovely Lynn Mercurio


and here's my card...

NO. 1 DAD

I decided to make a card for my dad to say thanks for all the support he has given me - not just at the moment with my husband working away for some time - spending lots of time playing with his Grandsons, helping me puppy-proof the garden - but always ;) All the practical help has been amazing.

  I picked up some wonderful button twine and Basic Grey Basic Kraft paper pads at the Waltzingmouse Stamps Store on my last visit, both of which I have used on this card.  I cut three different patterned papers to size, as per the sketch and then stamped Fleur De Lys from Very Vintage Labels No. 2 and the small Fleur De Lys from French Country to make a border along the top layer.

NO 1 DAD LABEL

The main label is made up of stamps from Very Vintage Labels No. 4 (for the border) and from the latest WMS release, "No. 1 dad" from the Compact Family stamp set.  I added three little buttons in the bottom right corner each threaded with different colour twine and added some Fleur De Lys Vintage Print Cotton twill and cream, natural and dark brown button twine along the top - really love using this stuff, especially on masculine cards!!

NO 1 DAD SIDE VIEW

Thanks for looking and don't forget that all the challenge details can be found on the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge Blog :)

I'm also linking this card up to the Pixie Dust Studio Challenge 126 - 'For the Boys'
and
Really Reasonable Ribbon RRR Challenge 48 'Fathers Day/Masculine with Ribbon or Trim'

Supplies:

Waltzingmouse Stamps sets used: 
Basic Grey Basic Kraft paper pads - Waltzingmouse Stamps Store
Cream, Natural, Dark Brown Button Twine - Waltzingmouse Stamps Store
Ink: Rich Cocoa - Memento; Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink by Ranger
Buttons: from my stash

16 comments:

Craftilicious said...

That's just the most wonderful Dad card - he's sure to love it!
Tara

Anne-Elise said...

Beautiful card, Helen! Love the brown colors, the label and the cute buttons!

Jeanne J said...

What a wonderful masculine card - it still has so many details but it's not "fussy" looking! I love the rough twine and the wood clothes pin. Fantastic! You're dad sounds like a gem - what a great way to show him you appreciate him!

☥ Kaia said...

How nice that you want to join my candy.
Lot's of good luck..
Hugs, Kaia

Kary said...

Oh Helen, this is a Fabulous card for your dad!! Love the design and the stamps you used. The compact sentiment set is awesome! Love this!

Kelly S. said...

YAY HELEN! You and Kary are showcasing the new stamps so perfectly at the sketch challenge this week! Masculine cards are SO hard for me to make, and I am soooo pinning this one! It's such a fabulous design with the cool label and the awesome patterned papers. Love how the tag is attached with the little clothespin!

Karin √Ökesdotter said...

Oh, Helen, What a PERFECT masculine card for a Dad - I LOVE it!
Thank so much for playing with us at wmsc, hugs Karin

Teresa Kline said...

wow, this is a fabulous masculine card...I luv it!

enjoy *~*

Pauline said...

This is a wonderful card for your dad Helen, he will love it!

Renee said...

Helen this is fabulous!!
Manly cards are so hard and you pulled it off fantastically!!
Everything is perfect...
and I know your dad loved it! :)

Deborah Frings said...

Super card - great colours, lots of texture. Your dad will love it!

Sharron said...

Wow, this is a marvelous masculine card! Great colors and I love the neutral twines and the little wooden clothespin holding the sentiment!

Deedee Anderson said...

It sounds like you have an amazing father, Helen, and what a wonderful card to honor him. Love all the rich browns, and that darling little clothespin to hold the greeting. I'm sure he'll love it!

Shannon White said...

Wow Helen! This is a Fabulous Father's Day Card! Your Dad is going to Love this! 8-) Love the Wonderful dp's and Love your great take on the sketch too! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

mommyof5kidz said...

LOVE your card!!! It screams DAD!!! Thanks for playing along with us at Really Reasonable Ribbon!

Linda Abadie said...

This is soooo awesome!! Thank you so much for participating in Reasonable Ribbon challenge