Thursday, 3 May 2012

Friends of DYSU - Challenge 70 - 'Circles'

Hi,

Today I'm excited to be playing along as a 'Friend of DYSU' for their latest challenge, 'Circles'.  Thank you to Pauline for thinking of me and for Ren-Yi for formally inviting me to take part in the challenge :)
You can find all the details of the DYSU challenge and how to play along by visiting the DYSU Blog ->here<-

The team are lucky enough to have been provided with images from 'Crafty Sentiments Designs' and I have used their sweet 'Windmill House' digital image on today's card.

dysu70

As the DYSU theme is circles, the sails on the little 'windmill house' are just about perfect!! I re-sized the image to my liking and then printed two copies of the windmill as I knew I would want to cut out the sails seperately and pop them up for extra dimension.  I die cut around one windmill using using my Spellbinders Standard Circles nestabilities. I sponged some Memento Blue Sky ink around the windmill for the sky and I then printed the very same image again onto scrap of MME woodgrain patterned paper and cut out the roof to do a little paper piecing.  

DYSU windmill

The brickwork is coloured using Copic Markers in very neutral tones, a touch of red for the tiny flower and fresh greens for the grass.  The sentiment 'For You' is from Papertrey Ink's 'Men of Life' stamp set.

I used some gorgeous papers by Pink Paislee from their Indigo Bleu line to make my background.  I used circular paper designs to fit the DYSU theme and some gorgeous blue seam binding as a finishing touch. 

I really hope you will play along with this fun 'Circles' Challenge and pay the Design Team a visit via the DYSU Blog.  Enjoy the rest of your crafty time this week.

Big Hugs,

Helen
x x x 

Supplies:

Papers: Pink Paislee - Indigo Bleu
Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black; Sky Blue
Spellbinders: Standard Circle Lge; Blossom Nestabilities
Stamps: Digital Download 'Windmill House' by Crafty Secrets; 
Papertrey Ink: Men of Life
Blue Seam Binding: The Ribbon Reel
Cardstock: Dovecraft
Bling: Hobbycraft
Rubon: Kaisercraft
Copic Markers




14 comments:

Pauline said...

This is a lovely bright fresh design Helen, I love the dimensional windmill, the sponged sky and little touches of sparkle!
Thanks so much for joining us as a 'Friend of DYSU' this week xx

Yolanda said...

Great cards! I've given you a blog award. Pop over to my blog for the details.

NanaConnie said...

What a great way to do the windmill, Helen! Gorgeous papers and that bow is fantastic!

Donna Bowman said...

Super cute card!! LOVE the windmill!!

Davi said...

Very pretty Helen I really like the dps you combined with the fun windmill :)

Mona L. Pendleton said...

So fun Helen! Love the sweet windmill!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Brilliant design Helen...so creative to pop up your windmill paddles and that brad is just the right touch!

Julia Aston said...

What a sweet card Helen! I don't think I've seen a windmill image before - love the layering of the blades and pretty colors!

Kary said...

Helen, this is such a sweet card!! Love your colouring and the windmill image is lovely.

Sue Lelli said...

Helen, Brilliant how you cut out the sails and popped them! FAB detail! LOVE all of your papers and layers!

princesskitten said...

Love your windmill - super to have you with us this week

kitten - DYSU team

Shannon White said...

Oh Helen, this is So Pretty! 8-) Love your Wonderful windmill and how you popped up the sails! Your dp's ar jsut lovely too! so perfect for the circle challenge! And I Love your Big Beautiful Bow too! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Ren-Yi said...

Hi Helen - this is absolutely beautiful. I love how you really made this lil windmill 3d. glad you came along with the DYSU DT for a fun ride. We'll have you along any day! :)

Denise and Louise said...

Such a pretty card. Love your 3D windmill and the perfect colours.
Thanks so much for being a Friend of DYSU.

Denise - DYSU DT xx