Tuesday, 17 April 2012

'Recycle It' Challenge TT94 with Meljen's Designs

Hello, Good Morning and welcome to another great Tuesday Throwdown Challenge !! This week we are asking that you 'Recycle It' - (use Recyled materials of some sort)!!  



We are also lucky enough to be sponsored by Meljen's Designs - a fabulous company with a great selection of digital stamps for you to enjoy!  I have used the "Happy Birthday Swirls" and the cute little raggedy lion images. 

TT94 Meljen's Recycling

The adorable little lion image was printed and then cut-out twice, coloured simply using some Copic markers and then his front legs and head popped up using some foam adhesive for dimension. I also used Copics to add a little extra colour to the lovely swirly frame and sentiment too.

So, my recycled materials are actually things I've taken from around the house:

Kraft coloured cardboard from the back of one of my son's easter egg  box, die cut using Spellbinders Blossom die set...

IMG_5873

...and a little blue t-shirt that my son's have outgrown, again die cut using Spellbinders Floral Doily dies and made into the flower next to the sentiment.  

IMG_5820

TT94 T-shirt flower

...I also used some left over packaging from some trims I bought from Making Memories Animal Crackers line to make the circular background die cut on which the little lion sits. I thought the subtle blue animal line drawings tied in with the main image quite well.

IMG_5871

TT94 animal label

I hope you will give this a try - I had so much fun thinking about what can be re-used/recycled!! All the DT ladies have been busy creating amazing projects for you to enjoy - so you may like to hop on over to the Tuesday Throwdown blog to take a look and link up your fab creations too!!

Thanks so much for looking and hope you enjoyed my little card.

Hugs,

Helen
x x x

Supplies:
Cardstock: Stampin' Up!
May Arts Champagne Silk Ribbon - The Ribbon Reel
Brown and white polka dot sheer ribbon - Making Memories
Ink: Antique Linen Distress Ink - inked up the embossing folder to create the plaid background
Sizzix embossing folder - plaid
Spellbinders: Blossom nestabilities; Floral Doily Motifs; Standard Circles Lge Nestabilities





7 comments:

Shannon White said...

Wow Miss Helen! This is Soo Adorable! Love all your recycled elements! The flower and sb die cuts look So Fabulous on your Darling card! Love your Sweet little lion and Fab embossed bg too Just a Wonderful creation Lady!

Hugs
Shannon

Sasha said...

Fabulous recycling, Helen. So creative...I love your sweet lion and pretty flower x

Pauline said...

WOW! What fabulous recycling Helen! You have doing a lot of recycling recently what with The Ribbon Reel challenge too! Love the flower you made out of the T-shirt, and the doily backing is gorgeous, I honestly thought it was patterned paper! FAB use of your materials today! What are you going to recycle next?! I want to make a recycled T-shirt flower too!

Davi said...

Love that card Helen...wohoo not only so clever with all the recycles but so pretty! I love the sweet lion so dimensional and the pretty flower!!

NanaConnie said...

Oh, Helen, I love that recycled flower! Great coloring on the lion. Incredible job of recycling!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Adorable card Helen! Love the sweet lion and that beautiful blossom!

Emily Lauritzen said...

This is an adorable card! I love how you layered the lion and that flower is wonderful!