Wednesday, 18 April 2012

A New Bunny to Snuggle...Waltzingmouse April Blog Party



Hello friends - It's time for another monthly Waltzingmouse Stamps Blog Party!!! Yippeeee!!!! This months theme is 'New Beginnings' and you can find all the details by going HERE.

I have a little 'New Baby' Card with a twist to share with you today :) I wanted to try something a little different and was so inspired after seeing Kazan Clark's stunning diamond fold card, that I decided to give it a go!!

Basically if you're like me and didn't know what these cards do, the recipient receives this....

New bunny to snuggle diamond fold

and it opens out to reveal this...

new bunny diamond fold full view

and a slightly different view...

new bunny different view

I used small heart border included in the 'Nordic Spring' set by Waltzingmouse and stamped in red ink across a piece of blue cardstock, adhering it onto some cute polka-dot patterned paper when I was done.  I addded some pretty blue ric-rac trim along the top and bottom edge of my heart border after making my initial score lines onto the cardstock.

new  bunny diamond fold close-up

I stamped the cute little bunny image from the 'L'il Buddies' stamp set onto more of the same polka-dot patterned paper and went in with copics to give him a little extra definition.  The label on which he sits is from the 'Very Vintage Labels No.1' stamp set - it's a little hard to see from the pictures but I used two different stamps from the set but the red labels one outline seems to stand out the most.

My Diamond Fold card is obviously A LOT simpler than Kazan's, but the principle is the same and I'm really pleased with the end result.  There's a fab tutorial and video HERE too if you fancy trying it for yourself.

I used the colours from this week's Play Date Cafe Color Challenge and could have kicked myself, as I was just too late to play along!! Silly me!!


Edited to add: I'm also entering this card into the 

Thanks for looking! Have a great day :)

Helen
x x x

Supplies; 
Cardstock: Stampin Up
Junior Team Paper: Stampin Up
Spellbinders: Floral Doily Motifs Die Cuts; Labels One
Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black; Sky Blue, Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger; Brocade Blue - Stampin Up
Copic Markers
Fiskars eyelet lace border punch



20 comments:

Cathy Weber said...

Oh geesh! That is exactly what I said when I looked at your card Helen. The first pic is great enough with the cute paper pieced bunny and little sentiment strips...but when I scrolled down and saw all the other great parts of the card. How you thought of this one? Too creative, and all that stamping and folding? By far the most elaborate card of the blog party so far! Great idea.

Sharron said...

WOW--this is just amazing, Helen! LOVE your fold-out design! What fun to have your polka dot bunny pop out--he's adorable! The polka dot and heart background looks wonderful--perfect for a baby card. This is so creative--great job!!

Craftilicious said...

Oh I LOVE your spotty bunny! The unusual folds are brill too.
Tara
x

Stella said...

A bunny beaty; I am smitten. The design of your card is spectacular! And polka dots; you got me :)

Kelly S. said...

Oh Helen that is so COOL! Not only the fab fold design, but this card has crazy good details!I just love the heart pattern in the center like that! Makes this bunny card extra snuggly! Such wonderful layering of the labels and then...those polka dots on the bunny! So awesome!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

What an adorable bunny Helen! Love the fancy folded card!

Cat's sCrap said...

What a fabulous card ! Original concept. Beautiful papers. Fine and delicate work. Bravo ! It's very successful !

Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week.

Hugs from France.
Catherine.

Colleen Dietrich said...

Oh, darn that you were too late to play at the Play Date CAfe, Helen! THis is adorable. I love the little polka dotted bunny! So cute. :) HOpe you can play with us next week, though.

THanks for leaving some love at my blog...it was so nice of you to visit!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Love this fun interactive card Helen!! And your polka-dotted bunny is just the sweetest!! Love the sentiment combo too..."a new bunny to snuggle"...so sweet!

Jeanne J said...

HI Helen! Sorry I'm late to the party! New baby in my house - four legs and just a ball of energy! Wow your card is just stunning! I'm taking in that sweet bunny the stamped background and that pretty ric rac when BAM you hit me with that amazing fold out card! Bet that took some serious time to get just right ... well worth the effort - stunning card that I will have to come back to later and stare at some more! AMAZING!

Leah the Orange said...

awww, super CUTE! love this fun fold - what a fabulous card for anyone to open! the papers are gorje, and i love how you've used the dotty pattern for the bunny, too! thanks for playing along with the Charisma Galz this week!

Renee said...

Love this interactive card...
I think it's beyond me...
but I love it!!
And what a happy card...
love the colors...
and that stamped border strip...
so perfect with this happy little guy! :)

Alicia said...

Darling card, with such a creative flair! Thanks for sharing your talent with us at The Play Date Cafe. :)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

What a fabulous card--LOVE the folds/design! Super cute bunny and I LOVE your ribbon! FUN!!! THANKS for playing with us over at the PDCC:)

Kary said...

Oh Helen, what an Adorable card!! I LOVE how sweet the bunny looks and the beautiful stamping on your card. That fancy fold is so fun. Great job!!

Super Jen said...

Such a fancy fold! Darling paper piecing.

Claire Brennan said...

Oh wow! this is super, love how this folds out!! and the spotty bunny is so cute!!! Beautiful creation as always Helen!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at WMS!!

Pauline said...

Gorgeous Helen! Love the paper piecing, and the fun colours! LOve this folded card, keep meaning to try this myself, but I'm too chicken!

Charmaine Stack said...

A polka dot bunny! How cute is that?!! A wonderful fold card, too. The blue and red scheme and the Nordic Spring border stamping are great.

NanaConnie said...

Oh, Helen, this is so adorable! What a sweet bunny. Incredible job on the diamond fold! WOW