Tuesday, 10 April 2012

Just Because...TT93

Avery Good Morning to you blog friends! I hope you all had a wonderful Easter holiday and enjoyed wherever you were/whatever you were doing :)

The weeks certainly seem to be flying by don't they? I'm excited to be here again, sharing another card as DT member for the 'Tuesday Throwdown' Challenge - our theme this week is to use Pins - no hardship for me as I absolutely love them!.  Our  fabulous sponsor for this week is...My Grafico and I'm a big fan!

I was lucky enough to use the beautiful 'Lacey Frames' Digital Stamps designed by Lil Ellaboudy and the 'Fabric Flower' from the 'Doodle Flowers' Digital Stamp Set designed by Lindsay's Stamp Stuff - all available at 'My Grafico'

TT93 my grafico Use Pins

I printed the oval frame onto some woodgrain patterned paper and fussy cut around the sweet scalloped edge. The doodle flower was printed onto some green pattened paper and then again three times onto yellow patterned paper, the leaves and petals were cut out and then arranged for dimension using foam adhesive.  I threaded the green paper button with some natural jute twine, just as I would with a real button!

TT93 FRAME CLOSE-UP

The little green leaves really have a beautiful shape to them I think.  Love the home-spun feel to the frames and the cute flower.

I finished with some pretty yellow leaf-pins and some sheer organza ribbon.

Thanks so much for looking - if you have the chance to play along we would love to see you there!  Click here for more details!  Don't forget you see lots more inspiration from the rest of the design team ladies over at The Tuesday Throwdown blog.  

Enjoy your day!

Helen
x x x

Digital Stamps: My Grafico
Sentiment: Giga Guidelines - Papertrey Ink
Patterned Papers: My Minds Eye - Happier, Miss Caroline;  Pink Paislee - She Art by Christy  Tomlinson
Organza Ribbon from Stash
White Gel Pen & Paper Piercer for Stitching
Leaf Stick Pins - The Ribbon Reel


11 comments:

Kim Duran said...

Helen, This card is so pretty! I just love that frame around the flower. I hope I can find some time to play along in the challenge. I've never played before. Hugs!

Helen said...

Thanks Kim ;) It would be great to see you there and I would really love to see your creation.

Shannon White said...

Soo Pretty Helen! 8-) Love your lacy frame on the woodgrain dp's and your layered flower is so Darling! Wonderful colors and dp's too! Just Fabulous Lady! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Sasha said...

Hi Helen,
Hope you had a lovely Easter, too. Your card is beautiful! I love the plaid paper and pretty digi's.....especially your flower. Your pins and ribbon finish things off perfectly xx

Jeanne J said...

Hi Helen! Pretty pretty! Love how the yellow pops with that black frame! The accents - the bow with the leaf pins just stunning!

Yolanda said...

Another fantastic card. I love the leaf pins and the sitching.

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Super sweet card Helen! Love the layered flower and the fancy stick pins add a nice touch!

NanaConnie said...

Love the plaid background paper and the ones you used for your flower, Helen! Your pins are perfect!

Pauline said...

This is lovely Helen, such a lovely floral image, and I just love the papers!

Davi said...

BEAUtiful Helen!! I love the soft plaid with the pretty layered flower. Soft and springy :)

Patrice said...

Wonderful layered flower! I hope you'll link up again at 52 Card Pickup this week...http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/04/52-card-pickup-week-15.html