Thursday, 22 March 2012

WMSC89 Sketch Challenge & Moxie DIY embellie!

Hi, it's time for another fab challenge over at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge Blog and I just had to play along again this week after all the wonderful inspiration from the WMS Mischief Makers!!

WMSC89

I stamped the beautiful Heart image from Waltzingmouse's 'Nordic Spring' three times - I used a little bit of masking here as I wanted a different colour ink for each of the three sections. I used Brocade Blue, So Saffron and London Fog to pick up the colours in the patterend paper.

I don't own the Spellbinders Heart Nestabilities dies, so had to hand-cut the heart and then used some very strong double sided tape to gather some sweet lace around the edge, following the edge of the heart as I went.

WMSC89

Moxie Fab have lots of ideas and a challenge over on their blog for 'DIY embellishments'.  I decided to give it a go, so I made the embellishment at the top myself by gathering more of the same lace using a needle and thread and simply stitching together to make a flower shape.  The points on the lace make for some cute petals I think :) I used a brad for the centre of the flower and backed with a blue seam binding bow.

wmsc89 sentiment

Wow, I just love the font on that sentiment - I stamped the sweet Birthday wishes text from Waltzingmouse stamps 'Compact Sentiments' in black onto more patterned paper and added along the bottom.

And finally, here's the lovely sketch by the super talented Renee Lynch which I have used to make my card today...



If you would like more details of the Moxie Fab World DIY embellishments challenge, click here.


Thanks so much for visiting my blog and for looking at my card - have a great week.

Helen
xxx

Supplies:

Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps: Nordic Spring; Compact Sentiments
Ink: Brocade Blue, So Saffron - Stampin Up; Memento - London Fog, Tuxedo Black
Papers: Pink Paislee - Indigo Bleu
Cardstock: From local craftstore
Blue Seam Binding - The Ribbon Reel
Lace - from stash
Brad: Papermania

21 comments:

Pauline said...

Another stunner Helen, I love the lace frilled heart, and the multi coloured stamping! Absolutely fabulous!

NanaConnie said...

OMGoodness, Helen! All I can think of is WOW! This is gorgeous. Love the lace. OK, I love it all!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

So pretty Helen! Love the multi colored WM Nordic heart and fab mix of patterned papers ;) Thanks for joining along with the WMSC :)

Michelle said...

Helen, this is gorgeous! Beautiful stamping, and I love the crochet ruffle behind the heart!

Kelly S. said...

I love that folksy heart multicolored :) Beautiful embellishments...cannot even believe you made that sweet doily flower (well, actually I can ;)) The colors are some of my faves, you can never ever go wrong with sunny yellow and blue skies! Awesome, Helen!

Davi said...

Helen this is sooo very pretty!! I love the dp and the way you colored the stamped heart to match ;)

Denise said...

I ADORE your use of lace around the heart! This card is perfection... beautiful work!!

Teresa Kline said...

wow, this is stunning!

enjoy *~*

Edna Morrisedie said...

Happy Sigh Sigh Sigh!! This is lovely, soft and pretty and great use of the colours on the stamp, perfect with the paper, well done! Thanks for playing along with the Mischief Makers this week!

Renee said...

I die!
That heart is just stunning with the graduated colors...
and then trimmed in all that gorgeous lace...
Helen this is just gorgeous!!
The colors...
the papers...
the ribbon and that incredible embellishment...
I just die!
Love it! :)

Sharron said...

This is SO delicate and pretty! And there is something so fresh & clean about yellow & blue. I just LOVE the multi-coloring on your butterfly and the lace makes it even more gorgeous! Really beautiful card!

Jeanne J said...

Oh Helen - Very pretty! I love all the lacy goodness here and the soft blue and grey stamping! Gorgeous as always! You never disappoint!

Lenet said...

Beautiful!! Great stamping. thank you so much for joinin gus at wmsc..

Jeanne J said...

YEAHHH!!! Congrats on your win at WMSC!!! Well done!

Artisant said...

Congrats :) Good work !!! Card is beautiful !!!

Conniecrafter said...

wonderful stamp and love the framing with the lace!

Vickie Z said...

Yeah!!! Congrats on your WMS win....absolutely deserved!!! Love the colors, how you used the sketch and the fabulous lace around the heart...labor of love!!!

Anne-Elise said...

Congratulations! It's a beautiful card!

Kathy W said...

Beautiful card, and great inspiration of how to use the Nordic Spring heart. I need to follow your lead and make some lace flowers; yours is so pretty! Thanks for sharing.

maria f. said...

Very, very pretty card and your embellie is very clever.

Cath said...

Hey Helen! Thanks for linking this up to the DIY Embellishments Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)