Tuesday, 13 March 2012

TT89 Challenge Sweet 'n Sassy Birds and Roses

TT89 Birdhouse

Happy Tuesday Blog Friends!

It's time for another Tuesday Throwdown challenge - this week we are asking you to create something using 'clips' - this could be paper clips or mini-clothes pegs etc.  Our current sponsor, Sweet 'n Sassy stamps provided us with some wonderful images to use this week and I chose the cute little birds and roses image available HERE.

TT89 SIDE VIEW
Lots of colouring on this image - I wanted to recreate the warmth from the sun behind the birds (at least, that was my plan!!) and I had lots of fun colouring the roses and leaves all different shades of pink and green.

My clip is like a paper-clip but had a little flower charm attached - I simply added a white seam binding bow to sweeten it up a little :)

TT89 CLIP

I decided to do something I haven't tried in a long time and decided to stamp my sentiment onto some gorgeous pink cotton twill using black Stazon ink.  Love how the ink appears slightly softer on fabrics and you can still see the woven texture of the twill.

TT89 SENTIMENT BUTTONS

My buttons are shades of orange, pink and yellow and I used some cream silky twine to thread them together in a row and then simply adhered them to my card.

The gorgeous colour combo is based on CR84FN's Color Challenge - it's their 50th Challenge!!



and I based my layout (if a little roughly :) on sketch SSS149 over at the Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge blog too:


That's all from me for today.  Don't forget to stop by the Tuesday Throwdown blog for all the information you need on this weeks challenge and for more inspiration from the rest of the Design Team. Can't wait to see what you will create!!

Hugs,

Helen 
xxx

Supplies:
Spellbinders Floral Doily Motifs
Cardstock: Regal Rose, Yellow - Stampin Up
Patterned Papers: My Minds Eye: Happier; Stella & Rose; Orange - Making Memories: Just Chillin'
Clip and Buttons: From Stash
White Seam Binding and Pink Twill from The Ribbon Reel

8 comments:

Pauline said...

Beautiful Helen! That stamp is so pretty, and the colours work so well here! Love the buttons and and the fab little clip, a stunning card!

Shannon White said...

Pretty Pretty Miss Helen! Love your Terrific coloring on this Sweet image! Love yrou Fun dp's combo and the sweet buttons and Darling clip too! And what a Fabulous job you did combining the color challenge and Sweet Stop Sketch too! Wowzers Lady! Just Wonderful! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Davi said...

Fab card Helen, Love the image and the lovely doily die to frame it! Pretty layers and the fun clip look great with the image :)

Stella said...

Every paper and embellishment picked by you turnes into something stunning. Brillaint ideas, a perfect eye for details ...it's amazing. I can;t keep my eyes off this beauty!

Yolanda said...

Beautiful! I especially love the colors and the row of buttons.

Jeanne J said...

I saw this at the TT blog and fell in love with it! Your coloring is beautiful! I love the bright colors and happy feel to this card - the buttons look like candy! Just yummy! Very clever stamping on the ribbon and the distressed doilie makes the perfect frame for your outdoor image!

NanaConnie said...

Gorgeous coloring on that image, Helen! Such a fabulous use of the sketch, too.

Heather said...

Adorable card! Fabby coloring!! I LOVE the way you did your buttons!! Great detail!!
Hugs!!