Tuesday, 6 March 2012

TT88 New Life - Li'l Lambs with Robyn's Fetish Digital Stamps

TT88 Robyn's Fetish New Life


Hi and welcome!


It's time for another Tuesday Throwdown challenge. This week's theme is "New Life" and our sponsor is "Robyn's Fetish" Digital Stamps.  I have used the adorable little "Lily Lamb" digital image on my card.




After downloading sweet Lily Lamb, I duplicated and resized it and flipped the smaller image 180 degrees so that the lambs are now facing each other.


I used my Spellbinders Labels 8 nestabilities to create a background panel for my lambs.  With the cardstock still in the die, I sponged the top two thirds of the panel using Memento Sky Blue ink which left a nice neat white border around the edge.  I then stamped some green grass and heat embossed some little white flowers for interest.


For the grass, I took some green felt and snipped a fringe along the edge with some scissors and then ran it through my die cutting machine with the Labels 8 die so that it would fit nicely along the bottom of the central panel.  


LAMBS


The little lambs are coloured very simply using Copic markers - I also went in with my Versarmark pen so that I could gold 'heat' emboss those sweet bells on their collars to make them appear metallic.


LAMB BELLS


The background consists of some lilac cardstock which I have dry embossed for a little added interest using a plaid embossing folder by Sizzix and some MME patterned paper from the 'Happier' collection. There is some stitching on those panels which is a little hard to see from the photos.  


LAMBS CLOSE-UP


As a finishing touch, I added some aqua double-faced satin ribbon from my stash, a little sculpture flower by Prima and some sweet paper flowers to the top right hand corner.


I decided to use the brilliant "Sweet Stop Sketch - SSS148" for the layout of this card.






If you'd like to take part in this week's challenge, click here to visit the Tuesday Throwdown Blog and link up your card/project.  Don't forget to pop on over to see what the other lovely Tuesday Throwdown ladies have created for you today using Robyn's Fetish Digi's:


Ceal Pritchett
Davi Reid
Deedee Anderson
Lauren Mullarkey
Nana Connie
Shannon White
Yolanda Derstine
Helen Berry (that's me!)


Have a great crafty week!


Hugs,


Helen x


I'm also linking this card into the St Lukes Charity Card Challenge for their "Spring into Spring" theme this month :)


Supplies:
Stamps: Robyn's Fetish Lily Lamb
Papertrey Ink: With Sympathy
Waltzingmouse stamps - Spring Baskets (sentiment)
Papers: My Minds Eye - Happier Collection
Cardstock: Stampin Up
Ink: Versamark Pen; Memento - Tuxedo Black, Pear Tart, Sky Blue
Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Eight
Sculpture flower - Prima
Sizzix Plaid and Snowflakes Embossing Folder
Other: Aqua Satin Ribbon; Green Felt from my local craft store; White embossing powder - Stampin Up.


16 comments:

Shannon White said...

OMGoodness Helen this is just Precious! 8-) Love the Darling lamb images! Wow, Super job inverting them! And what fabulous dp's and texture! Your felt grass is just Awesome & great job with the Sweet Stop Sketch too! Wonderful card Lady! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Deborah Frings said...

Helen - this is fabulous! Love the texture with the felt grass, and the lambs are just so sweet! A truly Spring card! Thanks for playing along with St Luke's Charity Card Challenge, hope to see you again!

Pauline said...

What a beautiful spring card helen! Those lambs are so lovely, and the felt grass and sponged sky are so bright and cheerful! A gorgeous card!

Pauline said...

And I have a little something for you on my blog today too! xx

Davi said...

Helen this is beautiful! I love the pretty soft colors so springy. The popped up lambs make great dimension and the fun little embossed bell are lovely

Stamps and Paper said...

An adorable card just love those little lambs....thank you for joining in our challenge over at St Lukes

Anne

Yolanda said...

This card is completely fabulous! I thought the grass was Flower Soft and am thrilled to find it is felt. It gives it such a wonderful texture. My favorite thing is the resizing and flipping of the lamb to get the baby lamb. That's the beauty of digi stamps!

Stella said...

You should start your own card company becasue your designs are stunning. And your cards are filled to the brim with breathtaking details.Wow!
This card took my breath away..
XX

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a darling card helen. The lambs look great and I love the pretty background scene with the felt. Thank you for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop this week!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

So adorable Helen! Those little lambs are precious and love how you combined a WM sentiment :)

Pauline said...

Oh I must have missed that Helen, so thank you for thinking of me! I did send you an email but not sure if you got it or not? Thanks for all your lovely comments on my blog xx

maria f. said...

This is such a cute springtime card! I think what I love most about it is that the lambs remind me of old-fashioned children's books.

Janice M said...

What a sweet card! Love the way you cut out the sheep and popped them up. Thanks for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop!

Elaine said...

Glorious pastel shade a fab creation with such sweet images A lovely card helen .
Hugs Elaine

Jenny said...

Wow, love all your little details and the lambs are definitely a wonderful sign of spring :0) A beautiful card.
Thanks for joining us at St Luke's this month.
Jenny x

Craftilicious said...

I love your spring lambs frolicing - thanks for joining us again ;-)
Tara x