Monday, 5 March 2012

TRR23 Just for You - Newsprint

TRR23 WMSC87

Good morning everyone!


It's time for another fun challenge from The Ribbon Reel and this fortnight Keilly (owner of the Ribbon Reel shop and blog) is hosting the challenge and asks that you create a card, page or 3D item using "Newsprint".  Here is the wonderful trio of pictures Keilly put together to inspire us for the next two weeks:






I decided to make a card using newsprint papers from Kaisercraft's Vintage Timeless collection.


TT23 SIDE VIEW

When I saw the following inspiration board, I decided that the newsprint would work really well when combined with the colours Kraft, Yellow and Gray which also happens to be the focus of the current CR84FN challenge.




The main focal point of today's card is the yellow butterfly which is resting for a moment on top of the label that I made using Kraft cardstock, cotton lace from The Ribbon Reel and gray patterned paper. The butterfly is a 'wonderful wings' Spellbinders die cut. I created it by using several layers of yellow patterned papers from Glitz Design and then topped it off with some natural button twine and a pale yellow cherry blossom from The Ribbon Reel shop. I also stamped a lovely sentiment from Waltzingmouse Stamps Say It With Style set onto a little banner I made from some gray polka dot patterned paper and attached to one of the wings of my butterfly.


TRR23 CR84FN49


I created a luxurious bow with some beautiful ivory silk ribbon from The Ribbon Reel and a cream vintage button from my stash.  I used velvet trim and cream floral cotton lace from The Ribbon Reel and wrapped it around each corner of my card and then finished by adding a few cute little rub-ons to each side of the central patterned paper border.


trr23 ribbon closeup 


That's all from me, but if you'd like to join us and create something with "Newsprint", then click here to visit the Ribbon Reel Challenge Blog. We would love to see you there! And if you're looking for some wonderful inspiration, then look no further than my Ribbon Reel Design Team mates. They are:




  • Keilly Mulvihill - Keilly's Little Blog
  • Debbie Marcinkiewicz - Simple Treasures
  • Pauline Pollington - Craft Obsession
  • Zuzana Obert - Jelly Welly
  • Fran Westmoreland - Purple Peanut's Crafty Blog
  • Lenet Mos - To Scrap or Not To Scrap
  • Helen Berry - Helen Berry Design  -->you are here!



  • I'm also popping my card over to the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge - WMSC87. This week's sketch is by the sweet Renee Lynch and I followed it for today's card:



    Have a wonderful week and I hope you manage to find lots of crafty time! I'll be back tomorrow to share a sweet little card for this week's Tuesday Throwdown challenge ;)

    Hugs,

    Helen xxx

    Other challenges for this card:

    DYSU61 (Do You Stack Up) also have a "With Wings" Challenge for me to enter this card into! 
    City Crafter Challenge 98 - Use 2 or more ribbons on your project and 9 or more words.

    Supplies:

    Ribbon, Trim and flower by The Ribbon Reel
    Stamps: Say it with Style - Waltzingmouse stamps
    Spellbinders: Wonderful Wings by Donna Salazaar; Labels 4
    Patterned Papers: Vintage Timeless by Kaisercraft
    Yellow and Kraft Cardstock: Bazzill
    Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black and London Fog
    Rub-Ons: Kaisercraft


    26 comments:

    cbuswell said...

    Such a gorgeous card Helen!! So many fabulous details! Love it!

    Pauline said...

    A stunning card Helen, absolutely gorgeous! Love the lace wrapped label, and the beautiful butterfly, just reminds me of spring! Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week!

    Carla said...

    lovely card with nice colors! love from Holland.

    Keilly said...

    Gorgeous card Helen, beautiful spring colours and I just love that butterfly x

    Olga said...

    Gorgeous card Helen. Love how you combined the challenges. Pretty colours!

    Deborah Frings said...

    A super combination of challenges! This is stunning! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

    Mona L. Pendleton said...

    Oh dear Helen! This card is beautiful! The newsprint background looks super and the butterfly is so elegant! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN and the WMSC :)

    Renee said...

    Oh, Helen...
    everything about this is just gorgeous!!
    The colors...
    the newsprint...
    the incredible silk ribbon!! :)
    The flower...
    butterfly...
    lace...
    velvet...
    I could keep going...
    but it all so incredibly gorgeous I just die! :)
    Stunning!

    Ros said...

    Not sure if you are entering this at CCCB as I see no link to us ... But this is one fantastic card ... I love everything about it ... so pretty

    Vickie Z said...

    Love this!!! Love how you did the corner things without "blinking an eye" and love these colors!!! Butterfly is gorgeous!!!

    Linda R said...

    Your card looks so pretty .. That Butterfly is so pretty.. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

    Kelly S. said...

    What a way to combine those 3 challenges...you did it so effortlessly, Helen! The velvety ribbon is just stunning in that color and is showcased perfectly with this week's sketch. Love the creamy accents to highlight that beautiful yellow butterfly!

    Shannon White said...

    Goodness is this ever Gorgeous Helen! 8-) Love the Newsprint BG and Wonderful Butterfly and lace! Great job combining the challenges too! 8-)

    Hugs
    Shannon

    NanaConnie said...

    Helen, This is gorgeous! Love everything about it. That butterfly is magnificent and the lace trim makes it so feminine. WOW!

    cnelson said...

    This is just stunning! LOVE the colors and that FAB butterfly! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at CCCB!

    Conniecrafter said...

    Gorgeous, love the colors too!

    WencheP said...

    This is so pretty. Love the big bow. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

    -Wenche

    Jeanne J said...

    Hi Helen - This one is a real beauty - I love the butterfly the pretty flower - that fab bow and the pretty lace corners. Oh heck!! What don't I like on this one????!!! You did it again!! GORGEOUS! Down to every last detail!!

    Cathy Weber said...

    I love newsprint, how neat that you could use it for so many challenges. I love that gorgeous big bow and the butterfly with the twine. Great take on the sketch Helen.

    Stella said...

    I think I see another winner; this is a handmade jewel. I am inmpressed that your take on challenges is always unique, gorgeous, with an eye for gorgeous details and the final result took my breath away. Wow Helen; fabulous job!
    XX

    Mary Jo said...

    Beautiful! Love the yellow with the greys-just lovely! Thanks for joining us at DYSU.

    Karin (PeppermintPatty) said...

    AMAZING!

    Jean Martin said...

    This is stunning!!!! I love all the layers! The colors are beautiful! Thanks for sharing this with us at WMS! :)

    maria f. said...

    Just stunning. Love the tag with the frame around it and the lace running down it. What a great backdrop for an embellie. Thanks for sharing. And your butterfly is just gorgeous.

    Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

    WOW, this is A-MAH-ZING!!! Thanks so much for playing along with the Mischief Makers this week! xx

    Kim Duran said...

    Oh my goodness! Another amazing card from you, Helen! I love the layers, the trim and ribbon. And of course, the yellow and gray color combination! I could decorate my whole house with these colors! Lol! Thanks for joining us this week at Waltzingmouse!