Wednesday, 14 March 2012

Mojo Monday and Tuesday Trigger - Happy 70th Birthday!

Davids 70th Card

March seems to be a big month for birthdays in our family! My uncle has just turned 70 so I made him a special card from us all...I chose to use papers from Kaisercraft as I spotted a little bird among the plant and flower sillhouettes and I know he is a nature lover - the butterfly is cut from the same range of paper.
The bottom section is flocked and is DCWV La Creme cardstock.
70th birthday label

The main label is from Waltzingmouse's Vintage Labels 2 set and is stamped in Versamark ink and then heat embossed in silver.  The number '70' is highlighted in the same way. I also used the Fancy Phrases sentiments to make up the Happy & Birthday portion of the sentiment and also the 'with all our love' which I stamped a little further down onto the patterned paper.

Davids 70th card sentiment

The whole thing is mounted onto some special mirror card and kraft carstock base.

Here's my inspiration for this card: 

 this week's brilliant Mojo Monday Sketch by Teresa Kline.


and a fabulous Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger picture inspiration - "Simple Elegance":

What beautiful room!


Thank you so much for stopping by - I really appreciate you taking a look.

Big Hugs,

Helen xxx

Supplies: 
Patterned Papers: Kaisercraft Vintage Timeless Collection
Charcoal Grey Cardstock: from stash
Kraft Cardstock: Bazzill
Blue Grosgrain: Enchanted Evening by PTI
Natural Button Twine: The Ribbon Reel
Sparkler: Websters Pages


11 comments:

Marybeth said...

Helen, this sure looks like a perfect card for a nature lover. Such a beautiful guy card yet masculine at the same time. Beautiful colors and love that silver paper the card is mounted on. Your uncle will love this gorgeous card. Happy Birthday to him!

Jeanne J said...

Wow Helen, I was surprised to see this one - such a different look for you! It's the natural/neutral colors that stopped me in my tracks... but Wow they look great and it still has all the awesome accents that make it you! Great way to show off your versatile style! The embossing, butterfly and twine make this one a real stand out! Your uncle will love it!

Elaine said...

This is gorgeous Hugs Elaine

Pauline said...

This is a fabulous card for your uncle, and a fab take on both challenges. Beautiful papers and lovely embossing too!

Beverley said...

Beautiful card, so much detail :)

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Gorgeous card Helen! The silver embossed label looks stunning and what a beautiful butterfly!

Stephanie Kraft said...

Beautiful, Helen! Love the embossed label and fluttering butterfly! I hope your Uncle has a wonderful birthday!

Davi said...

What a beautiful card Helen!! The embossing and pretty butterfly make such a special card for your uncle ;)

Davi said...

HI Helen stopped back by to let you know that I have a little award for you at by blog ;) Have a great weekend!

Stella said...

Oh my your take on the Trigger.WOW!!!! It made me think of antique patterns that have a touch of class of it's own. I love how this turned out; the combo of neutrals with a splash of blue is fabulous. I am in awe of your designs :)
X

Cath said...

Hey Helen! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)