Thursday, 8 March 2012

Merci Beaucoup!!

case study 81 preview

Hi everyone - my boys are still poorly, so I'm just quickly popping in with a little something I've made for the Case Study Challenge #81.

I always look longingly at these inspiring challenges each week and don't often get a chance to play. Laura Bassen is this months 'muse' and I just love the classic beige and black colour combination she used here in her inspiring card - particularly the striking natural colour with the black. So I stuck with the silhouette idea and made a little gift tag using black with some beige and kraft thrown in.

I started with a large kraft cardstock tag from my local craft shop and stamped the border image from Waltzingmouse's Paris Nouveau (love, love love!!) in black along the top.  I then stamped the diamond border stamp from French Country in Desert Sand ink onto some white cardstock and cut to fit my kraft tag.  It's a little pale in these pictures - I hope you can see it, it really is very subtle.

case study 81

I stamped the eiffel tower image in black onto some Kraft Cardstock,  cut it out and then layered it on top of some beautiful sandy colour Vintage Lace and some black satin pleased ribbon from my stash.

The Merci sentiment is from the Paris Nouveau set and is stamped in Tuxedo black ink.  I stamped a small flower image from French Country either side and went in with various beige toned Copic Markers just to add a little interest.  I finished the Eiffel tower off with a sandy colour sculpted flower and added a sheer black ribbon bow to the top of the tag.

case study 81 tag close up

 Because of the French feel, I may use this on a cheeky little bottle of French Vino!!

I would also love to enter the following challenges with this card:

Flourishes Timeless Tuesday FTTC159
Pink Elephant 3+ layers

Bye for now,

Hugs,
Helen xxx



Supplies: Waltzingmouse Stamps: French Country; Paris Nouveau
Ink: Memento - Desert Sand, Tuxedo Black
Copic Markers: E55 Light Camel, E00 Skin White, E11 Barely Beige
Kraft Luggage Tag - local craft store
Vintage Lace from stash
Black pleated ribbon trim - The Ribbon Reel 
Sculpted flower - Prima Arco Iris Flowers

16 comments:

Stella said...

You don't have to use this on a bottle of wine; this tag is a gift of it's own! It has a perfect classic and elegant touch. And of course a wonderful French twist. This is F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S!!!
XX

Jeanne J said...

I'm jealous - you got your stamps already!! What a gorgeous tag! I'm with Stella, this is a gift all on it's own! I love the fabric and the elegant feel of this one. Everything goes together perfectly and all the little details take this over the top! GORGEOUS!

Pauline said...

This is beautiful Helen, love the little resin rose! Hope your boys get well soon!

NanaConnie said...

Gorgeous, Helen! That lace is exquisite and the rose makes the perfect embellishment. I wish that was propped up on my mantle piece!

cbuswell said...

This is just stunning Helen, I love this color combo and that lace is beautiful.

Debby said...

Yey, a UK blogger! Wonderful tag Helen, I love all the layers and details and yet the eiffel tower just stands out. Thanks for joining us at CASE study.

Shannon White said...

OMGoodness is this Ever Gorgeous Helen! Love the layers and pretty Lace! Wonderful color combo too!8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Wow Helen! What a gorgeous tag! Love the elegant WM Eiffel Tower and all the fancy lace! Thanks for joining along with FTTC :)

Davi said...

Such a beautiful tag Helen!! Love the popped up Eiffel tower and the lovely lace with it :)

Anni said...

Wow, what a stunning card!
Thank you for your german comment (your german ist very good) and for following my blog!
Anni

Elaine said...

This is stunning Helen well done I love it.
Hugs Elaine

Suzanne Russell said...

Very romantic! Love the Eiffel Tower and lace combo. :)

Greta said...

Wow--completely stunning! That lace really makes it!

Teresa Kline said...

wow, this is amazing!

enjoy *~*

Sabrina said...

WoW! That lace is stunning!! A gorgeous tag!

Jean Martin said...

Stunning entry! I love the lace you added to this! So beautiful! Thanks for sharing with us at CASE Study Challenge! :)