Wednesday, 8 February 2012

Valentines Chocolate Cone...

chocolate cone
I started making one of these for each of my two sons for Valentines day, but my eldest persuaded me that he needed it more for his little girlfriend from school :) How cute.

I decided to enter the CR84FN#47 Color Challenge a second time using the inspiration photo and colors Pink, Red and light Blue. The Shabby Tea Rooms are celebrating their 100th Challenge this week and the theme is 'Candy Hearts' and we're asked to create a card or project with a food theme and hearts, so I thought this would fit really well!

chocolate cone laying down

I used the Waltzingmouse Vintage Banners stamp to create a cone shape by stamping the gingham triangle image three times right next to one another in red - i just eye-balled them to line them up. I then cut around the outline, leaving a little at one end to attach to the other side and scored between each flag, glued into shape and voila a simple cone shape.
I added a blue cardstock border which I cut using my Martha Stewart Zig Zag border punch, adhered it to the cone using double-sided sticky tape and then used some red bloomers by Websters Pages to finish around the top of the box. I then added some pale blue seam binding bows to each corner and finished each one with a pale pink pearl.

chocolate cone side view

I used three different small hearts from Papertrey Ink's Heart Prints set and stamped them in pale pink, cut them out, added a small red gemstone to each one and adhered onto all three sides of the cone.

Here's a sneeky peak inside - YUM!!

chocolate cone inside view

This is the first one of these I've made and learned a lot - I hope to make many more too!

Have a great day. Thanks for looking :-)

Hugs,

Helen x

I'm also entering this into:
The Pink Elephant - Use Pink

8 comments:

Jeanne J said...

Ooooh Helen! This is wonderful!! You're son is going to have all the girls chasing him! What a beautiful presentation - I love your use of the WMS pennants and the red cloth roses adorning the top - it looks like a beautiful bouquet of flowers!!

Debbie said...

Oh my shabby goodness, Helen ... this is just the {sweetest} little project -- LOVE!!! Who wouldn't want to receive such a lovely creation for Valentine's Day!!! Thanks so much for joining in with all the fun for our 100th challenge in the Tea Room this week :) Hugs!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

What a beautiful treat presentation Helen! Thanks for the inspiration!

Pauline said...

This is gorgeous! A great valentines gift full of yummy chocolate!

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

Very, very cute!! Love it! Awesome idea!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at The Shabby Tea Room!

Hugs...
Melissa

Deborah Frings said...

What a super idea! Full of shabby goodness - love the rose trim around the top of the cone! I think your son is a star! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

Starr said...

Congratulations on being a Terrific Top 3. Your project is gorgeous!
Starr

Jeanne J said...

Helen, Congrats on your win at the Shabby Tea Room - I knew this was a winner! You are on a hot streak girl! Keep it up - I love seeing your creations!