Tuesday, 21 February 2012

Tuesday Throwdown 86 Winter Blues

Hi there everyone,

TT86 FOR YOU CARD

I'm delighted to share with you that I am now a Tuesday Throwdown Design Team Memeber! This week we are using imags by My Grafico and are asked to create a project using "Shades of the color Blue" for this week's challenge.

tt86 flower close-up

I chose a beautiful flower image and colored it using my Copics, I used my Spellbinders Labels 4 to cut out the image and then mounted it onto patterned papers by Glitz Design to which I had added some zig stitching to create a border.It's a little hard to see, but I actually used three different shades of blue on this card from the Glitz paper pad. I also used the cream paper to create a label by stamping a labels 4 stamp and the "For You" sentiment in Memento London Fog.

To finish, I added some translucent grey gems next to my flower image, some vintage cream lace and some beautiful dark blue seam binding.

I also decided to use last weeks fun sketch over at the Stamping Royalty blog...



You can get full details of how to play along with the Tuesday Throwdown challenge this week by clicking here. Don't forget to stop by and see what the other Design Team members have created using the My Grafico images.

CEAL PRITCHETT
DAVI REID
DEEDEE ANDERSON
LAUREN MULLARKEY
NANACONNIE
YOLANDA DERSTINE

Supplies:
Flower Image Digital Stamp - by My Grafico
Vintage Labels 4; For You (Seasons of Love Tags) - Waltzingmouse Stamps
Patterned Papers - Glitz Design Vintage Blue 6x6 Paper Pad
Ink: Memento Paris Dusk & London Fog
Seam Binding: The Ribbon Reel

10 comments:

Pauline said...

Big congratulations Helen on your new DT post, I'm not surprised they snapped you up!
A beautiful card in these deep blues, that floral image is beautifully coloured, and the mix of papers and lace with the gorgeous seam binding is a perfect combination!

Yolanda said...

Absolutely gorgeous card. I love the lace, seam binding combo and the way you inked the background label. Welcome to the Design Team. I look forward to getting to know you.

Davi said...

So thrilled to have you aboard Helen :) Such a beautiful card you have created!! Love the bg you combined with the pretty embellies and flower! Fab job :)

NanaConnie said...

Ooooo, Helen, this is spectacular! So glad you're sharing our DT endeavors -- you're going to be a wonderful addition to the team. :-D Welcome!

Jeanne J said...

Helen Congrats on your DT position!!! Well done! Your card is beautiful - blue is my favorite! The bow with the strip of lace at the bottom are the perfect finishing touch and accent your flower! Very Pretty!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Gorgeous card Helen! Love that beautiful blue blossom and the WM label!

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful!!

Angela McKay, Stampin' Up Demonstrator said...

Helen, I am so flattered that you took the time to comment on my blog... your work is stunning:) (in my faves:) I'll be back to check regularly! I love that you came to play with us at Stampin' Royalty!!!! Can't wait to see you in more challenges:)

Julia Aston said...

Congrats on the DT position Helen! love this card in blues - the paper is so pretty as well as the floral stem!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Oh Helen. What fantastic news! The Tuesday Throwdown group is so lucky to have you on their team. Just look at this outstanding card. I love the lace coupled with that lovely ribbon. It's a beautiful project.