Monday, 6 February 2012

TRR 21 Shabby Chic Birthday - You are a Blessing

trr#21 You are a Blessing

Hi,

Its time for another fortnightly challenge at The Ribbon Reel and lovely Lenet has provided us with a real beauty of an inspiration photo and asks that you create a Shabby Chic Birthday card or project using the colors of the photo, seambinding/ribbon, lace,roses and some stitching. My sewing machine has decided it won't play the game, so I hope I can be excused from using any stitching on my card this time!!



I chose the lovely soft blues, pinks and turquoise colours from the photo to use in my card. I layered a few different elements here, I embossed the bottom two thirds of my card using my Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder and sponged the edges with white irridescent acrylic paint - I wanted to add a little silvery effect from those lampshades in the picture, but went for an soft pearlescent paint instead to keep things subtle.

TRR #21 SENTIMENT

I used Spellbinders Labels 4 to cut a label out of some blue mini-polka dot paper and then Spellbinders small ovals to sit on top of that. I created a frame by stamping the beautiful oval wreath from "Cameo Creations" by Waltzingmouse Stamps using Antique Linen Distress Ink. The sentiment from Papertrey Inks' "Signature Greetings" stamp set - I simply stamped it in Hawaiian Shores ink and then edged the little oval label with more irridescent acrylic paint. Such a beautiful, soft sheen in real life.

trr21 rose detail

I used some gorgeous White Sheer Ruffle edge ribbon (can't get enough of this!! love it!) and some stunning 25mm turquoise satin and a blush pink Christmas Rose (Hellebore). I added some more irridescent acrylic paint to the petals and stamen of the gorgeous flower and two beautiful pearlescent leaf pins as a finishing touch.

TRR#21 rose lace & blue detail

I used some may arts crochet lace in pink to create a border along the top panel of the card and also layered more pink lace over some Berisford blue grosrain along the bottom of the card and added an elegant cream rose.

Don't forget to visit The Ribbon Reel Challenge blog to see what the rest of the DT have come up with and play along to be in with a chance of winning some fabulous goodies from The Ribbon Reel store.

Have a fabulous, crafty week.

Helen x

2 comments:

Jeanne J said...

Helen, Another beauty! You captured the inspiration photo perfectly. I love all the details especially the leaf pins, the embossing and the gorgeous soft blue color. Just lovely!

Pauline said...

Just gorgeous Helen! Such a beautiful creation with those pretty blooms, and the iridescent painted edges are gorgeous! Another stunner!