Monday, 20 February 2012

The Ribbon Reel Challenge TRR22

TRR22 FRONT HOUSE

Hi,

It's my turn to host the fortnightly challenge over at The Ribbon Reel. I chose the following inspiration photo and ask that you create a project with a slightly weathered/Distressed Look and use kraft, white, blue or aqua with a touch of red & use natural twine/twill. The photo appears courtesy of my cousin, Rachel who makes the beach huts you see in the picture.



I love Beach Huts! Many happy memories of the beaches along the Norfolk and Suffolk coastlines when I was a kid and lovely memories of Beach Huts at Southwold. I decided to create my own little "shabby" weathered beach house and have to admit this turned out WAY different to how I planned, but I just went with it!! I have seen so many inspiring little decorated chipboard houses on the web - mine is a template i sketched out myself and made from cardstock covered in Vintage Timeless patterned paper by Kaisercraft and Fiddlesticks woodgrain paper by My Minds Eye.

TRR 22

Once my house was covered and the rafters were on I added some beautiful White Crochet Lace and Red Grosgrain from The Ribbon Reel around the bottom.

TRR22 ROOF DETAIL

The roof was finished with some stunning white sheer box pleat ribbon - so, so pretty!

TRR22 GARLAND

I cut the very smallest floral doily motif from my new Spellbinders dies to make a little garland for the front of my house and I threaded some natural button twine through the design and then finished with a little bow and turquoise blue pearl gem.

TRR22 DOOR DETAIL
My door and windows are made from corrugated aqua card and finished with die cut scrolls. I couldn't resist adding a couple of little extras to the door - a white felt heart and a little mini crocheted flower that my mum makes. The door handle is just another adhesive pearl gem.


Don't forget to visit The Ribbon Reel Challenge blog to see what the rest of the DT have come up with and play along to be in with a chance of winning some fabulous goodies from The Ribbon Reel store.

Have a fabulous, crafty week.

Helen x

Supplies:
Papers: Kaisercraft Vintage Timeless Paper Pad; My Minds Eye Miss Caroline "Fiddlesticks" DP
Crochet Lace, Grosgrain Ribbon, White Sheer Box Pleat Ribbon, Natural Button Twine - The Ribbon Reel
Spellbinders Floral Doily Motifs; Window Die Cuts - Ebay
White Felt Heart - American Crafts; Kaiser Pearl Gems
Small Crochet Flower - thanks mum!

15 comments:

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Beautiful project Helen! Love the stamped flowers on the roof and the sweet felt heart!

Pauline said...

BEEEEUUTIFUL!! Love this darling little house, the wood effect paper for the roof is wonderful, love the little wreaths you created, a stunning make!

Davi said...

Fabulous creation Helen!! Love all the details and colors :)

Marybeth said...

Such an adorable beach hut, with that pretty ribbon!

Keilly said...

A-mazing Helen!! I just love this little house, just adorable. Love the wood paper on the roof. Thanks for such a super challenge this fortnight x

Joyce said...

This is an absolute work of art. It's just adorable, and every detail is just perfect.

Cath said...

This is just amazing, Helen! I moxie love everything about it! :)

maria f. said...

Kudos for all your hard work. This is adorable and you got me totally with the stamping on the roof. Such a divine little extra! Have you checked out the Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger???

Chunyuan said...

That's an amazing paper house. Love all the details.

JJ Bolton said...

So charming!!! Great project Helen!

Charlene said...

I agree with Cath..this is one darling little house. Great job!

Karen Conner said...

Moxie Fab sent me to see your cute little house-it's adorable!

Donna said...

DELIGHTFUL!

HawaiianLibrarian said...

Sweet little cottage w/ lots of interesthings on each side. Mahalo for sharing.

Arabella said...

Lol! This is so sweet Helen!

Arabella