Monday, 6 February 2012

Love is in the air...

CR84FN#47 Teeny Trees

Had a little time to get inky and play with stamps today and have created a card using what are fast becoming my favourite stamp sets - Waltzingmouse Stamps Teeny Trees and the 'love' sentiment from the Say it Loud. We still have snow on the ground here in Oxfordshire and fog, so the light is terrible for taking photos!


I was inspired by the beautiful CR84FN#47 inspiration photo so decided to use pink, red and light blue as the main colors for my card.If you have time to play along, you can find all the details you need here on the CR84FN Color Challenge blog.



I started by using my Spellbinders Nestabilities Small Circles to cut a circle from white cardstock and also cut a blue frame using the same set. I stamped the tree-tops in Versamagic Pixie Dust Chalk ink and trunks in Memento Rich Cocoa - each tree stamped once onto the card before dry embossing using my Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder - just for a little bit of texture/interest! I then stamped the tree tops and trunks again onto a seperate piece of white cardstock and added some brighter pink leaves onto the oval shaped tree and a pink heart edged in red ink onto the second teardrop shaped tree.

cr84fn#47 trees close-up

I cut out the tree tops and then ahered them on top of the images I had already stamped on the embossed circlular piece. I then went ahead and added some white ruffle edge ribbon along the bottom of the circle and then glued the pale blue frame around the edge. I think it looks a bit like the view from a little round window - those embossed dots look like snowflakes to me!!

cr84fn #47 sentiment

I attached the trees and frame onto some kraft cardstock and stamped the 'love' sentiment in Real Red ink by Stampin Up and sponged some fresh snow ink around the edges to soften them a little. I then added some gorgeous red satin ribbon, pink and white cotton twill and some blue grosgrain from The Ribbon Reel to make a border. I then added some blue seam binding and pink button threaded with some cream silky button twine. I couldn't resist adding some tiny red gems to the trees and some pink gems to the sentiment, just to finish it all off.

I am also playing along with a few other fab challenges and have linked them up incase you fancy joining in as well :)

Top Tip Tuesday Challenge #69 - Valentines Challenge
The Kraft Journal - La La Luv You
Moxie Fab World - Tuesday Trigger: Fancy Schmancy!

Thanks so much for looking and have a great week!

Hugs,

Helen xx

10 comments:

Pauline said...

Oh, this is so purrrty Helen! Love the sweet pink blossoms in the tree, and the framed circle, lovely indeed!

Tan's Hobbies said...

What a lovely creation, Helen. Love the embossed background, great color combination, love the cute ribbon, and the bling-bling on your adorable tree. Big hug from your new follower. Tan =)

Cathy Weber said...

Your use of Teeny Trees on this card is spectacular. Can you tell I liked this one? The colors are so soft and pretty,love the little pink flowers within the tree. Great job on this week's sketch Helen.

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Adorable card Helen! Love the Teeny Trees and all the little rhinestone jewels! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

Deborah Frings said...

I think these trees are just so sweet! Love the dotty texture and pretty bow. The bling adds a lovely accent. Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

Davi said...

Very pretty card Helen! I love the way the little center with the trees really pops out at you :) Pauline gave me you name...I cant find an email for you so wondered if you could please email me at dustydavi@yahoo.com. Thanks davi

Debbie Carriere said...

Beautiful!! Love the framed circle and the colors are divine!! Thanks for playing at The Kraft Journal!

Karin (PeppermintPatty) said...

So stylish, sweet and BEAUTIFUL! LOVE your design and stamping - just lovely! You just made me want to come home and take out my teeny trees - isn't that just the best set ever???!!! Have a great weekend, hugs, Karin

Samantha said...

Such a lovely card so pretty and fresh, Thanks for joining in with us at Top Tip Tuesday Challenge this time, Hope you can come play again soon, hugs Samantha :0)

HandmadebyTLC said...

This is such a beautiful creation! I love the colors and your design is beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday this time and good luck! Be sure to join us again tomorrow for the mystical challenge too!
Hugs,
Tammy Louise