Thursday, 16 February 2012

Just Because...Card Patterns Sketch 152

Hey there ladies,

I have a card to share for the wonderful sketch over at the Card Patterns sketch challenge blog. I was unfortunately too late to enter the Play Date Cafe Color Challenge, but had enjoyed using such a vibrant selection of colors so thought I would just mention it!!

CARDPATTERNS SKETCH 152

I decided to use the sweet vase of flowers from Papertrey Ink's Asian Fusion Stamp Set. I stamped the vase in Memento Danube Blue ink and then stamped one of the stem and flower images twice in blue and then added some yellow petals using a Copic marker. I fussy cut around the second little bunch and shaped them slightly and dotted the centre of each with some glossy accents for added dimension. I added a stamped butterfly from PTI's Aniversary set and a little mustard yellow sparkly gem to the centre.

CARDPATTERNS 152 VASE

I used my small ovals nestabilities dies (as per the sketch) and then used a lovely little die cut shape from doily circles in dark blue cardstock to "frame" the top & bottom of the oval shape.

CARDPATTERNS 152 CLOSE-UP

I kept the background fairly plain, I just stamped a lovely tile shaped background from PTIs background basics - Retro onto linen effect paper. I also used polka dot patterned paper from MME's Lost & Found collection. I colored some lace with a Copic marker to fit my color scheme and then added some turquoise blue satin ribbon and some dark blue seam binding all topped off with a vintage sparkly button some mustard yellow leaf stick pins. The "Just Because" sentiment is also from the Asian set.

CARDPATTERNS 152 BUTTON & BOW

Here's the Cardpatterns sketch I followed:



Have a wonderful weekend. I'm back hopefully later to share a little something for the Waltzingmouse Blog Hop and then I will be hosting The Ribbon Reel Color Challenge on Monday. Hope to see you soon,

Hugs,
Helen xxx
Supplies:
Stamps: Round & Round; Asian Fusion, Background Basics Retro - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Antique Linen - Distess Ink by Ranger; Danube Blue, Paris Dusk - Memento; So Saffron - Stampin Up.
Spellbinders classic ovals Small; Flower Doilies
Papers: DCWV La Creme Mat Stack; MME Lost & Found Collection
Ribbon, seam binding & pins: The Ribbon Reel

3 comments:

Ruby said...

Yay! You played along!!! It's great to have you joining in the fun with us and your card is lovely too! I love the way you've done the glossy centres, they look lovely. You're not too far away from me, I live near Pauline! Thanks for joining us over at The Play Date Cafe this week!

Pauline said...

Helen, this is gorgeous! You really rock this colour combo to perfection! Love the sentiment stamped directly to the patterned paper, and your decoupaged vases, I love this set, it's on my wish list! Sweet little touch of lace, and seam binding finished off with that gorgeous button and pins, love it!

Anna-Karin said...

Wow, such a wonderful card! Love the colours, combination of patterns, dimensional flowers and everything else. Thank you for playing along at Card Patterns!