Sunday, 26 February 2012

Bonjour WMSC86 & PDCC120

Bonjour close-up
Hi,

Just popping in real quick with a card for this weeks Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge and for the Play Date Cafe Challenge.

Bonjour - WMSC86 & PDCC120

When I saw the inspiration photo over at PDCC, I knew exactly which stamps I would use.  I chose the sweet flowers from Waltzingmouses' Pic Nic Patterns set and stamped them in the green, orange and baby blue to fit with the challenge.  I also created a blue frame for them using one of the circular images from their Faux Fun Circles set and fussy cut around the inside for interest.

tt87 doily view

There seems to be lots going on in the background, but it's just lots of different bits layered together really :-).  The main green patterned paper and the strip running along the width of the card are both by Echo Park Victoria Gardens Collection.  The white cotton lace is from my stash, the doily is cut using a Spellbinders die and the paper with tiny orange flowers on top of that is some old SU DP I have had in my cupboard for some time!!
stick pins

The blue striped twill and those sweet green stick pins are from The Ribbon Reel and the double faced orange satin is from my local craft store.

Here are the wonderful sources of inspiration that I used:











That's all I have to share for today, but I'll be back soon with more!
Thank you so much for stopping by today and I hope you have a wonderful week.

Hugs,

Helen xxx


30 comments:

Jeanne J said...

Helen, Very pretty (As Always!) I love all the lace and embellishments and those pretty spring flowers!

NanaConnie said...

Oh, Helen, you just nailed the Play Date colors on this one! Is there anything you don't do exquisitely? This one is fabulous!

Colleen Dietrich said...

I love the bow cluster, Helen! It's just perfect, with the little glass bead, and the stick pins.

Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe this week!

Julia Aston said...

Your garden is so bright and colorful Helen! love the die cut framings and pretty patterned paper! thanks for playing with the WMS sketch this week!

Lisa said...

Oh how pretty! Love the sweet stick pins, great card 😃

Denise said...

There are so many sweet little images that I miss in the WMS sets... these are such a cute bit to highlight. I love all your layers (pile it on!) and think it creates a beautiful card. Thanks so much for joining us this week in the Cafe!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Such a sweet card Helen! Those little flowers are so sweet! Thanks for joining along with the WMSC :)

Pauline said...

This is gorgeous Helen, such a sweet garden of flowers!

CathyMc said...

Just love the colours on your card.... beautiful!

Carla said...

very nice card! and the colors and the ribbon are beautiful. love from Holland.

~ Ali ~ said...

VEry pretty indeed Helen fabulous colours you have used! Pic nic patterns is my all time fav WMS set.....love what you have created

Ali x

Cathy Weber said...

You must be getting ready for the French Country set Helen with your Bonjour sentiment! What a beautiful job of layering you did on this card, I had to zoom in really close to catch all the details. Beautiful sketch card as always.

Beverley said...

Hi Helen, thank you for stopping by Uniko Studio & linking up the blinkie! I will be demoing at The Stamp Attic on the 10th March. It be lovely to see you :) Hugs Bev xx

Karin (PeppermintPatty) said...

This is so beautiful Helen! So many wonderful details - love your card!

Deborah Frings said...

Fabulous work Helen! Such pretty papers and I adore the sweet flowers in the focal image! Gorgeous!

Kelly S. said...

Oh MY, Helen! I LOVE the colors, and the way you stamped the trio of flowers in the cut frame...a BRILLIANT idea, and the posies are so sweet in those colors. Gorgeous background papers that tie everything together just perfectly. And those little glass bauble embellies are the BEST~!

Jinny Newlin said...

Swoon! So many stunning details, Helen! Lovin' those darling, little blossoms, too! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

Bumblebee said...

Wow, such a fantastic project, you make so many elements just work together so well!

Vickie Z said...

Lovely card!!! Love how you used the colors, sketch, and these stamps!! Love the faux fun fussy cut on the inside!!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Very very pretty card.

Sarah C said...

Gorgeous design! I love this card. So beautiful in the layering and color selection. Fabulous job!

Ruby said...

Beautiful design Helen! I love all the detail, especially that fabulous ribbon detail. Thanks so much for joining in the fun with us over at The Play Date Cafe this week!

Shannon White said...

Oh Wow Miss Helen, this is Sooo Pretty Pretty! 8-) I Love how you worked the sketch and color challenge too! just Fabulous Lady! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Renee said...

Beautiful!!
Such beautiful, Spring papers...
love the colors!
And the focal point...love those flowers!!
The ribbon...
the pins...
it all comes together for such a fabby card! :)

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Oh how absolutely fantastic! LOVE these Spring colours!! Thanks for playing with the Mischief Makers this week!

Kim Duran said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kim Duran said...

Oops. Bad typos for my above comment. I love the little flower collage you created on your label. And the colors are so spring like and happy! Thanks for joining us this week at Waltzingmouse!

Savitri said...

Oh wow, simply stunning!! Gorgeous colors and use of paper and elements!!

Linda Suarez said...

Beautiful card! I love the color combo and I am thoroughly impressed with that frame! Congrats on being a Top Mouse!

maria f. said...

WOW. I am scared by all of your layers but they work perfectly together. Such attention to detail. Lovely card.