Monday, 9 January 2012

Winter Wishes

Winter Wishes Notebook and Card

Just popping in with a couple of Wintery projects I made around Christmas time but have yet to share with you...

I've been having fun with the free 'Winter Wonder' stamp set from Issue 98 of UK Cardmaking & Papercraft magazine...the cute images and the 'magical' and 'wish upon a star' sentiments got me to thinking about cards for Christmas, but also something I'd had in my mind for a little while now - to make a "Wish Book" for my two little boys to write down all their wishes and hopes for Christmas - not just Christmas lists for Santa, but anything that makes it a magical time for them - a wish for any time of the year!!

IMG_5261

IMG_5262

I stamped both the images twice in black Stazon ink so that I could colour them with markers and then cut the bears out and pop them up on foam adhesive for added dimension. The oval image was then covered in diamond dust stickles glitter glue and edged in Brilliance Pearlescent Sky blue ink.

I just made a little cover for a small notebook (99p from WHSmith) by embossing some Kraft Cardstock with a Sizzix folder and scoring using my ScorPal to get a snug fit.

IMG_5266

I edged with white ink to add to the Christmassy feel and stamped 'wishes' and a little snowflake along the spine. The red dotty label is by Papertrey ink stamps and the 'Wishes' sentiment is by Waltzingmouse stamps.

IMG_5258

The label actually keeps the whole book together and slides off for you to write inside the notebook.

IMG_5265

Magical Christmas Card

The card was made using the larger of the two images - I embossed the card base using Sizzix snowflakes embossing folder, adding a strip of vellum stamped with the christmas lights stamp and then finished with red and white bakers twine to make a border - ribbon, pom-pom trim and a little button and snowflake charm - and of course the polar bear image to complete the card.

Magical Christmas Bear Detail

Magical Christmas trim detail

Thanks for the continued support and hope that you like my little creations!!

Ive also entered these into the following challenges:
Tuesday Throwdown - "Shiny"
DYSU Do You Stack Up - "Winter"
Really Reasonable Ribbon RRR39 "Sparkle & Ribbon"

Supplies:
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps Say It Loud Winter Holiday; Papertrey Ink - For the Graduate
Kraft Card - Bazill
Ink: Stampin Up - Real Red; Brilliance Pearlescent Blue; Black Stazon; Copic Markers
Sizzix snowflakes and plaid Embossing Folder
Marianne Designs Snowflake Die
The Ribbon Reel: - Pom Pom Trim; Red Gingham Button; Red & White Bakers Twine
The Ribbon Girl: - Red Dew Drops; Red Stripe Ribbon, Jingle Bells, Snowflake Charm

12 comments:

Pauline said...

Adorable Helen! I saw this in the magazines letters page, I knew it was you!! Well done on getting published, these are gorgeous projects!

Pauline said...

And thanks for joining us at DYSU this week!

WencheP said...

This is fabulous! Such sweet images. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Jeanne J said...

Helen, Congrats on the publication! I love the polar bear images. You're colors are beautiful and I love the glittery snow!

Sarah said...

Hi Helen, me again! Am amazed at the cards you have created with these stamps! I got the same magazine and thought they were particularly small and uninspiring - my goodness you've proved me wrong!

I'm off to to become a follower - need the inspiration (if that's OK!).

Sarah

Keilly said...

Just gorgeous Helen, I adore the wish list so beautiful and perfect idea! x

Dolly Daydreams said...

Fabulous I love them both, they are so stylish and classy and beautifully created. Both are just adorable.

Marie

Mona L. Pendleton said...

WOW Helen! What a fantastic project FULL of so much detail! You really have outdone yourself with this one! All the fussy cutting, embossing and shimmery detail! I LOVE it all! Thanks for the inspiration!

Dawnll - Dawn's Craft Place said...

These are both so beautiful-I am loving your yummy ribbons. Such a great eye for details sweetie.
So glad you could join us at
Really Reasonable Ribbon

Emma Goodson said...

So cute! I love the little bells and pom poms. x

Stella said...

Well like it is a bit of an understatement; you did a terrific job. The idea of layering a label and an image onto that snowflake die is just brilliant. I have that die too but never would come up with the idea ( until now; thank you!) The texture of an embossed background makes it also elegant and the way you added that sentiment..... wow. That snowflake charm is to die for! GORGEOUS!

Naomi said...

Both cards are absolutely WONDERFUL!!! LOVE the embossing, LO's and embellishments on BOTH! Thanks so much for joining us, last week, at DYSU!

Hugs,
Naomi