Monday, 23 January 2012

TRR #20 New Year New Start - Resolutions

Celebrate this life

A very Good Morning to you!!

It's time for another wonderful challenge from The Ribbon Reel and this fortnight the super-talented Zuzana is asking us to create a card or project with a "New Year, New Start" theme - "create a card with your New Year Resolution and use ribbon/lace/twine/buttons"

Big things or little things, my resolution is to take time to celebrate this life!! The next year will be an adventure for my family and I can't wait!!

There are lots of lovely elements to this card. I am in love with the Ivory Crochet Lace - WONDERFUL stuff - I threaded Ivory Silk Ribbon from The Ribbon Reel through it to create a lovely border on the left hand side of my card.

TRR 20 LACE RIBBON BORDER

I also used the beautiful Silky Gold Crush and natural twine secured with a mini clothes peg. My goal was for this sentiment to be pegged up there to remind me - a sort of 'Note to Self' or 'Don't Forget'.

TRR 20 MINI PEG

I used some of the the luxurious Antique Gold Velvet stitched with a zig-zag and added as a border to the bottom of my homemade bingo number card. That paper with all the different numbers on it actually reminded me of a calendar and my resolution for each new day in 2012. I couldn't resist using more zig-zag stitching to sew a border around the beautiful dog wood flower I used on the background paper from Pink Paislee's Nantucket line.

TRR 20 Button Close-Up

I went with my heart on this card and used a combination of colours that are favourites for me. I stamped my sentiment using words from Ali Edwards set from Technique Tuesday onto some My Mind's Eye (MME) Lost & Found 'Sunshine' paper. I stamped a large doily from Dainty Doilies Large stamp set onto some grid paper from MME's Stella & Rose Gertie collection, cut it out and added a Blossom nestabilities shape and mounted my sentiment on top.

I really had fun with this challenge and it really has been a good start for the year for us as a family. 2011 was really tough and frought with difficult challenges and we are ALL looking forward to all the good things 2012 has to offer :) We are all looking forward to my eldest son's 8th Birthday this Thursday and my husband will be starting his dream job in the next couple of weeks. We have so much to be thankful for and so much to Celebrate!! :))))

Don't forget to check out what the other DT ladies have created for your inspiration:-
Keilly,
Pauline,
Debbie,
Zuzana,
Fran and
Lenet.
Click here to return to The Ribbon Reel Blog.

This week I was overwhelmed by the generosity of the lovely Claire Brennan, owner of Waltzingmouse Stamps who sent me a prize for the Tag I made using her wonderful Stamps and Ribbon/trims from The Ribbon Reel. I was lucky enough to choose not one, but TWO sets....STAMP HEAVEN :) I used one of those sets - the beautiful Dainty Doilies Large.





All Ribbon, lace and twine available from The Ribbon Reel Shop
Waltzingmouse Stamps:
Dainty Doilies - Large
Technique Tuesday Everyday Words by Ali Edwards
Papers: My Minds Eye 6X6- Lost & Found Sunshine Collection; Stella & Rose 'Gertie'
Paper Collection; Pink Paislee - Nantucket Petite Paper Pack
Cardstock: Aqua Mist - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Brushed Corduroy, Walnut Stain, Antique Linen
Buttons: from stash
Punch: Stampin' Up!

6 comments:

Pauline said...

This is gorgeous Helen, Love the doily and the vintage distressed feel to this fabulous card!

Pauline said...

This is gorgeous Helen, Love the doily and the vintage distressed feel to this fabulous card!

Deborah Frings said...

Love this - so much fabulous detail. The papers are so pretty and the doily with that sentiment - the only way to live is to celebrate life. A great resolution!!

Stella said...

Oh my oh my Helen you are brilliant. this is breathtaking; as usual :)
Congrats on your big cheese; so so so well deserved!!!
hugs,
Stella

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Gorgeous card Helen! I love your mix of patterned papers and stamps! The doily looks stunning adorned with pearls!

Zuzana Obert said...

Helen, your card is full of fantastic inspirations just like our life full of little details :0) Brilliant I love it!

Zuz. x x