Monday, 9 January 2012

TRR #19 Polka Dots in Pink!!

TRR #19 Happy Birthday Wishes & Kisses

Hi wonderful blogging buddies!!

It's time for another Ribbon Reel Challenge and this fortnight Pauline, my lovely friend and fellow Design Team member is hosting a Pink Polka Dot extravaganza!!!
Pauline has provided this unashamedly girly photo for your inspiration and asks that you create a project using pink and Polka Dots, with Ribbon/Bakers Twine. Yummy, don't you think?



It was my fabulous sister's birthday yesterday, so I created this particular card in her honour. I created my own custom patterned papers by stamping pink dots onto Echo Park's Springtime collection using Papertrey Ink's gorgeous "Polka Dot Basics" stamp set. The main sentiment is stamped using a combination of two stamp sets - the "Birthday" is from PTI's Giga Guide Lines set and the "happy wishes and kisses" is from Waltzingmouse's Say It Loud set. I love getting the most out of my clear stamps in this way.

TRR #19 Sentiment Detail

I then created a little polka dot banner using Waltzingmouse Stamps "Bitty Banners" set and some lovely little adhesive foam letters to spell out the word "Sister". then suspended it using some Cotton Candy Divine Bakers Twine from The Ribbon Reel and some little mini wooden pegs.

TRR #19 Banner Detail

I used ribbon to separate my card into 3 sections using some delicious Pink Spot Organza and some Pink Twill which I gathered using needle and thread to create a soft ruffle.

TRR #19 Gardenia Lace Detail

I couldn't resist adding a beautiful pink and cream Gardenia, Hellebore and Cherry Blossom flower backed with Pink Crochet Lace and more candy pink bakers twine from The Ribbon Reel -I can't seem to stop using them!!

TRR #19 FLOWER DETAILS

Have a wonderful week and don't forget to stop by the Ribbon Reel Challenge Blog to see what the other members of the Design Team have created using Pink and Polka Dots!! You can enter your card/project here and could win a wonderful prize from the Ribbon Reel Shop.

All the best,

Helen xxx

Supplies:

The Ribbon Reel: May Arts Pink Crochet Lace; Pink Twill; Pink Spot Organza; Cotton Candy Divine Bakers Twine; Cherry Blossom, Hellebore, GardeniaStamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps: Bitty Banners; Say It Loud. Papertrey Ink - Giga Guide Lines; Polka Dot BasicsInk: Versamark; Versamagic Pink Petunia Chalk Ink; Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Antique Linen; Stampin Up! Chocolate Chip
Paper - Echo Park Springtime Collection; Pink Card - Stampin Up!
Other: Adhesive Foam Alphas; Ranger Clear Embossing Powder; Needle & Pink Cotton Thread; Tombow Multi-Talent Glue; Foam Adhesive; Mini Clothes Pegs

I've entered this into these challenges:

Cupcake Inspirations:- 142
Simon Says Stamp:- NEW Something
Sweet Stampin - Spots & Dots

17 comments:

Pauline said...

This is stunning Helen! I love the mix of these beautiful blooms, (I must get some more!) and the custom polka dot patterned paper is gorgeous! Love the sweet banner for your sister, I hope you all had a wonderful day yesterday!

helloholley said...

Gorgeous card, Thanks for playing along at SSCB!!! ;)

Tracey T said...

This is so, so pretty - I love the way you've added the dots to the DP. Thank you for playing at Sweet Stampin' this week. Tracey x

Jeanne J said...

Helen, I love all the fabrics/ribbons on this one - the pretty ruffles, flowers, and lace make this one a real looker!

Rene said...

This is FABULOUS!!!! Love it! Thank you so much for linking up at Cupcake Inspirations and good luck!
Rene :D

Wedgie said...

What a beautiful card, I know my sister would love to get this card from me! Thanks for sharing at Sweet Stampin this week, Wedgie xxx

Sarah said...

Oh wow, Helen - this is just amazing! Gorgeous colours and design, love all the details. I bet your sister must've been over the moon with it! Thanks for joining in with us this week at Sweet Stampin. Sarah

Keilly said...

Beautiful Helen, love the layout and that cute little polka dot banner, so sweet x

Mona L. Pendleton said...

So pretty Helen! Love the soft feminine vibe! Great mix of patterned papers, flowers and that sweet banner!

Tina said...

this is such a beautiful card...lovely pinks and details are amazing...thanks for sharing at cupcake inspirations this week

Tina
sweetie dt

Karin (PeppermintPatty) said...

I am speechless - this is the most beautiful sister card I've ever seen - so many wonderful, beautiful details, love everything about it!
Have a great day, hugs, Karin

Emma Goodson said...

Thank you so much for my gorgeous birthday card my sister. It's even more stunning in real life! Every time I look at it I see a new beautiful detail. Thank you for making it for me, and making my birthday special. xxx

Stella said...

It has been a while and my oh my am I lucky. Being here again and you made my jaw drop the moment I looked ( well to be honest; staring) at this beauty. There is not one singel detail of this card tthat I don't love. Filled to the brim with my faves :)The flowers, the banner, the sentiment and polka dots. A beauty guaranteed. Love it!

Mandy said...

Oh wow Helen your card is stunning, so pretty, I love it :)
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
for our "something new" challenge
hugs Mandy xx

Chris said...

I love, LOVE, love this card, pink is my favorite and it's so girly I could giggle.
thanks for playing with us at Cupcake Inspirations.

Whimsey said...

Oh wow - all those details; what beautiful, bright colors!!

Thanks for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations!

Hugs, Michele

Deborah Frings said...

A really stunning card, so pretty with fabulous details. Love the flowers, the sister banner and gorgeous sentiment. I'm sure your sister loved it.