Monday, 23 January 2012

Sending Butterfly Hugs and Kisses

This is my second post of the day - for my Ribbon Reel DT card, please click here or scroll down. Thanks so much.

BUTTERFLY HUGS & BOX

Good Morning,

This week sees the second week of the CR84FN#46 Color Challenge, WMSC#81 over at the Waltzingmouse Stamps Sketch Challenge Blog and a new challenge at DYSU - #55 Designer Paper.

IMG_5506

I couldn't wait to ink up my new Dainty Doilies set by Waltzingmouse Stamps and decided I would do a kind of "one sheet wonder" and design my own patterned paper to use on a card and cover a little heart shaped box I've had in my stash for WAY too long now ;). But first, the card...both these shots show you a little more of my doily background paper and the gorgeous sentiment taken from the 'Say It Loud' set by Waltzingmouse stamps.

butterfly hugs sentiment close-up

I stamped the small doily shapes from this set in a very random way using pink, yellow and antique linen ink onto some cream cardstock - I just kept adding doilies until I was happy with the look. I then cut out a piece for my card, used Spellbinder Labels One to cut out the beautiful ornate square shape, exposing some of the pink cardstock base below. I stamped one of the awesome WMS Very Vintage Labels One images in Versamark ink and heat embossed using some pearlescent embossing powder. I used the 'Wonderful Wings' butterfly die set by Donna Salazar for Spellbinders and cut one solid yellow butterfly and then layered this with co-ordinating cut out butterfly. I added some little pink twine antennae and a sweet pink rose. The pink wings are so sheer IRL!

Stamped Patterned Paper

Here's a shot of that sweet heart box. I simply drew and then cut around the lid and stuck on with glue, I measured and cut a complete strip to cover the base - the lid was quite a tight fit, so I had to measure the height of the strip of paper with the lid on. I edged the lid with pink seam binding and pearl lace trim from The Ribbon Reel and then added another yellow and pink butterfly to the top of the lid.

HUGS BOX TOP

Back of Butterfly Box

and this is where I took my inspiration from:

CR84FN#46 Color Inspiration:


Sketch by Waltzingmouse Stamps:



and DYSU #55 Patterned Paper Challenge:



Have a wonderful day and enjoy the rest of your crafty week!!

Hugs,

Helen xxx

Supplies:

Waltzingmouse stamps: Dainty Doilies, Say it Loud
Ink: Versamark; Barely Banana, Pretty in Pink - Stampin Up; Tim Holtz Antique Linen Distress Ink by Ranger
Embossing Powder: Silver Pearl by Heat It Up!
Cardstock: Cream, Pink - Stampin' Up!;
Yellow paper - Papermania
Ribbon & Trims: The Ribbon Reel
Pink Roses: Prima

28 comments:

Jeanne J said...

Wow Helen! This is just gorgeous! I love the soft muted colors and that butterfly is just perfect!!!! Your attention to detail - the pretty flowers, the embossed stamp, the string of pearls, and even the twine antennae! Wow! You've outdone yourself again! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!!!

Kelly S. said...

Oh your patterned paper is incredible, Helen! Every doily is perfectly placed. LOVE the way you used the colors and the butterfly is a wonderful centerpiece. But OH that sweet little heart box to match! It's so delicate and the embellishing is awesome! LOVE the pearls and pink bow!

Renee said...

WOW!!
Helen this is just gorgeous!
First the colors are perfect for this...
so bright and Spring like...
and then that gorgeous butterfly focal point...
stunning!
But your stamped background paper...
LOVE it!
Love that heart box...
the ribbon...
the bling...
I just love it all! :)

Karin (PeppermintPatty) said...

AMAZING!!!! Wonderful stamping, wonderful colors, wonderful design - wonderful EVERYTHING!!!!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Holy smokes Helen! What an amazing gift ensemble! Your custom stamped paper looks fabulous and I love how you embossed the label! So much pretty detail here! I love it all! Thanks so much for joining along with CR84FN and the WMSC :)

Pauline said...

This is just STUNNING Heleh!! Love the mix of colours with the pretty mini doilies, and the wonderful butterfly die cut, GORGEOUS!

Deborah Frings said...

This is a fantastic combination of challenges; your card and sweet box are just gorgeous. The doilies make very pretty patterned papers and the colours make for a beautiful feminine set. Fab! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!

WencheP said...

WOW - this is just gorgeous! Love it! Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Olga said...

Wow Helen, such a beautiful card and matching box to go with it. Just gorgeous! Love the colors you used.

Sue Lelli said...

Helen, what can I say that hasn't already been said! GORGEOUS! LOVE the heart box with the pearl border and your butterflies are divine! LOVE this a LOT! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

Stella said...

I see a winner; so much beauty in one post :) Wow!
Hugs,
Stella

Emma Goodson said...

Aww, Helen they are just absolutely gorgeous! Those colours look good enough to eat. Such a delicate design, love it! x

Sharron said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS! Love the soft colors and all the beautiful details! You have done an outstanding job with your background paper, the butterfly, the pearl trim on the little box--even the sentiment is perfect for this card!

Lisa said...

BEAUTIFUL gift set!!! VERY WELL done ;)

Vickie Z said...

Love how you used all those doilies...makes me happy!!! Sentiment "pops" witch the colors!! Love the heart box!!

princesskitten said...

That's so delicate and pretty - thanks for all the pics

kitten - DYSU team

LaurieJ said...

What a beautiful gift set! Oh my, I love the sweet butterflies and the background that you stamped. Really, truly lovely.

Lenet said...

O wow such a sweet giftset. your stamping is amazing!
Yhanks for joining us at WMSC

Jean Martin said...

This is gorgeous! And with the combination of the heart box! What a great pair! Thanks for sharing this with us this week at WMSC! :)

cbuswell said...

This is so gorgeous, love the bg stamping and your sweetheart box! Fabulous!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Wow, this is super pretty! LOVE your custom patterned paper and the butterfly is gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with the Mischief Makers this week! xo

Kim Duran said...

Wow! Helen, you really outdid yourself with this creation! I love that you stamped such a pretty background using those lovely soft colors. And you created an adorable little box to match! Shaped like a little heart....Eek! I just love it. The ribbon, the stiching, trim, and pretty little pearls...you put a lot of love into this and it really shows! Great job this week for the sketch at Waltzingmouse!

Heather Jensen said...

What a beautiful card and heart box. I love your hand stamped background. Thanks for playing at CR84FN! :)

Deborah Frings said...

Many congratulations on being a Top Mouse - this is really beautiful set and your win is well deserved!

Jeanne J said...

Helen, Congrats on your win at WMSC!

Carla said...

Absolutely beautiful, what a gorgeous card. Your blog is super-inspiring! If you get a chance, pop on over to my blog, I have an award there for you!
http://carlasscrappytales.blogspot.com/2012/01/liebster-award.html

Liza said...

Gorgeous work Helen, I love the colour combo you have used and your pretty details. Congrats on your top mouse award!

Liza x

Jeanne J said...

And top 3 at CR84FN too??? - You rocked this one girl! Congrats!