Monday, 12 December 2011

A Christmas Tag

Hey everyone,

I have a tag to share with you today!!

Xmas Tag Challenge WMSC

I used the wonderful image from Waltzingmouse Stamps Very Vintage Christmas set which I stamped in Versamark ink onto cream cardstock and heat embossed using silver embossing powder.

WMSC Xmas Tag detail

I coloured the image using an copic marker and then sponged the edges with Antique Linen Distress Ink. I used a Marianne Creatables die to cut the circular snowflake shape and then layered some fine silver fabric and bridal white satin ribbon from the Ribbon Reel. I used their gorgeous pewter silky crush ribbon to create the big bow at the top of the tag, some beautiful blue sheer ruffle edged ribbon to tie the tag to the prezzie.

Xmas tag 2nd view

I edged the bottom of the tag with some white guipure lace, silver pleated ribbon to which I added some narrow velvet ribbon. To finish I added a sparkly PTI button and some sweet aqua blue adhesive pearls.

lace detail Xmas tag

I am entering this into the following challenges:
Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge - WMSC77
Waltzingmouse Christmas Tag Challenge
Stamptacular Sunday Challenge142 - "Christmas Glitz"
The Ribbon Reel Challenge - TRR17
Jay Gee's Nook Challenge 14 - Christmas Inspiration Picture
CES Challenge 65 - A Traditional Christmas
Totally Gorjuss - 110 Let It Snow
Crafty Catz - 112 Anything Goes

The Pretty Little Ribbon Shop - Christmas with a bow
DYSU


Have a wonderful week,

Helen xxx

Supplies:

Waltzingmouse Stamps Very Vintage Christmas Stamp Set
Cream Cardstock: Stampin Up
Marianne Design - Marianne Creatables Snowflake Die LR0185
Silky Crush Ribbon, Blue Ruffle Edge Ribbon, Bridal White Satin Ribbon, May Arts Silver Pleated Ribbon, Silver Velvet Ribbon - All from The Ribbon Reel
Aqua Blue Adhesive Pearls - Prima

25 comments:

Pauline said...

OMG! OMG!! This is a show stopping tag!! What a stunning beauty you have created Helen, I love the guipure lace along the bottom, and the ruffled ribbon, the velvet trim and the gorrrrgeous silky crush bow!!!!! This is going onto my Pinterest board right now!!! And I love the snowflake die, I have used it intensively this last two weeks, I love that too! Have a great week! XX

Curlybear said...

OMGosh this is one very adorable creation I love the sentiment and the design & layout and the colour theme its just perfect for our challenge this week,

Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Catz Anything Goes Challenge I hope you can join us again next week

Have a lovely day,
Good Luck with the challenge,
Hugs Bridget Crafty Catz DT :-)x

Kelly S. said...

WOWZA, HELEN! This is just the most elegant tag! I love the icy colors and that bow at the top is truly a showstopper! Love how you added the blue pearls to the lace trim! The person that receives the gift with this tag will forget to actually open it! So amazing!

Jeanne J said...

Helen, What a GORGEOUS tag! So elegant. I love the colors and that beautiful lace trim on the bottom. Just breath taking.

Kim Duran said...

Oh my goodness! Helen, this is gorgeous! I love the soft purple and aqua color combo, that gorgeous ribbon, the pearls, and the pastel colors of the label. Very, very pretty!

I'm Renee said...

WOW!!!
This is just stunning Helen!
Love the colors...
the ribbons...
but that lace...
I die! :)

Céline said...

gorgeous creation, really effective
thanks for playing with us at stamptacular sunday this week
hugs
céline Dt member

Sarah said...

This is such a beauty! The colour combination is stunning and I love all the details.

Thanks for joining us at the Pretty Little Ribbon Shop challenge. Sarah x

Jay Gee said...

This is an amazing tag - so beautiful! Your combination of ribbons and your colours are gorgeous. Thanks so much for joining us at Jay Gee's :)

Keilly said...

Stunning Christmas tag Helen, I love the guipure edging and your bow looks beautiful. x

Dolly Daydreams said...

Amazing ! I just adore this ! The beautiful gentle colours, the lace the stamping, can you tell I love it !!

Marie

Jean Martin said...

Oh WOW! This is absolutely stunning! Thanks for playing at WMSC this week! :)

lindyloo said...

Stunning !!! thank you for sharing with us at crafty catz
p.s you could also enter into Panpastel uk

http://panpasteluk.blogspot.com/
linda

Hazel said...

Helen

This is a most wonderful tag and I love it - fantastic.

Thanks for joining us at Totally Gorjuss this week and the very best of luck.

I hope you will be able to join in our challenge next week.

Take care

Hazel x

Deborah Frings said...

Oh Wow!!! This is MAGNIFICENT! Soft, subtle shades of blue, lilac and silver - so very pretty.

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Wow, WOW! Such lovely colours and so many gorgeous embellishments on this tag! Thanks for joining us for a Waltzingmouse sketch this week & Merry Christmas!

lindyloo said...

please could you link your entery to Panpastel uk then you will be in with a chance to win th eprize on offer thank you :-) linda x

Lenet said...

Gorgeous!!! love al the details . The die from Eline's winterhuis looks beautiful this way.
thanks for joining us at wmsc

Julie said...

Wow, a gorgeous Christmas tag! Thanks for joining in our challenge at CES Challenges this week, Juliexx

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Gorgeous tag Helen! Beautiful color combo and lovin' all the WM goodness!

Jeanne J said...

Helen! Congrats on your win! Beautiful tag! Merry Christmas!

Julia Aston said...

What a lovely victorian-look tag! I love the soft purple and blue and that wonderful lace along the bottom!

Dana Gustafson said...

This is quite gorgeous! I love the color combo and the trim is so pretty!

Helen L said...

This is an amazing tag!! No wonder Claire singled it out for us to take a look at!! Stunning!! (From one Helen to another :-)

Mona L. Pendleton said...

WOW Helen! What a stunning tag! Gorgeous color combo and I LOVE all the detail especially that pretty lace trim! Happy New Year!