Monday, 21 November 2011

WMSC#74 Gingerbread fun!

gingerbread detail

Hi,

Today I'm sharing a card I have made for this week's Waltzingmouse Stamps 'Sketch Challenge' WMSC#74!

Here is the fab sketch I followed for the challenge...



Trying to get my head around Christmas cards - this one is going to be for my sweet niece...

WMSC Pink Gingerbread Christmas

I found the main image in a folder, already coloured just waiting to be turned into a card!! These cute little Gingerbread people are from the Bountiful Basket Additions Stamp Set from Waltzingmouse Stamps. I stamped the inner part of the circle/frame using an image from Vintage Circles small set from Waltzingmouse. I used black ink on aqua polka dot paper and hand-cut around the beautiful inner lacey scalloped shape. I then layered it onto another pink scalloped frame I had cut using blossom and circle nestabilities. My frame was then popped up onto the image using foam dimensionals. I added some May Arts crochet lace trim and some white seam binding from The Ribbon Reel along with my Spellbinders Fancy Tags label, raspberry pink button and aqua gems to finish. The lovely sentiment is taken from the Teeny Trees stamp set - the happy and Christmas were stamped individually to make the sentiment you see here.

Thanks for looking - have a wonderful week.

Helen x

15 comments:

Kelly S. said...

Oh HELEN! So amazingly sweet! I just love how candy-coated this looks, the shimmering lollipop with the matching button, the sweet dotted paper! And you coloring is out of this world...poor little guys trapped in a folder, what?! So glad you let them out, hee! So cool how you made a Happy Christmas sentiment of you own, because it sure fits this card!

Pauline said...

This is stunning Helen! This squeaks Top Mouse to me!! I love the little gingerbread men and your colouring is fab!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Oh what a sweet card Helen! Love the glittery accented peppermint candy! Thanks for joining along with the WMSC :)

Olga said...

Love, love, love your card Helen! Beau-ti-ful colors. So sweet! And I agree with Pauline: this is Top Mouse all over!

Jeanne J said...

Helen! WOW! Love this card - I think I see a winner here! Just the right amount of sparkle and the yummy colors are perfect!

Cathy Weber said...

I just love that vintage circle and the basket full of gingerbread men. I think you chose gorgeous patterned papers to use with this one and I guess I will jump on the "This is a winner Top Mouse" bandwagon along with everyone else because this one is spectacular!

Kim said...

Your card looks good enough to eat...just so soft and sweet. The colors are just so perfect too.

Debgem said...

Wow!! This is so, so pretty. The backing paper works beautifully with the pink basket of gingerbread kids. Wonderful!

Teresa Kline said...

wow, this is stunning...luv the gorgeous details...hope you have a super week!

enjoy *~*

Karin (PeppermintPatty) said...

Oh Helen this is absolutely AMAZING - this must be my favorite of all your beautiful cards - so many perfect details and WONDERFUL colors - just WOW!!!

I'm Renee said...

WOW!!!
A candyland dream!!
The colors are so fantastic...
so vivid and bright...
all the wonderful little elements...
a little girl is going to absolutely have sweet dreams with this one! :)

Emma Goodson said...

So deliciously cute!! I love it! x

JJ Bolton {Ribbon Girls} said...

What a happy card! I love how you wrapped the scrolly tag around the ribbon. And that bow is perfection!

Sharron said...

Wow, SO SWEET! This definitely looks like a winner to me too! All the details are so beautifully done. LOVE the colors, the stitching, the label, the paper, the glittery lollipop--can you tell I just love everything about this!!

Savitri said...

Just BEAUTIFUL!!! Love all the details and glitters! Splendid job! Thanks for playing with the Mischief Makers!!