Thursday, 17 November 2011

November Friends of Waltzingmouse Stamps Blog Waltz



Hey Everyone!! Welcome to my Blog!! I'm glad you visited, as today I'm taking part in the 'Winter/Christmas' themed November Friends of Waltzingmouse Stamps Blog Waltz. If you would like more details, click here to visit the Waltzingmouse Blog.

I'm a little late posting pictures of my project because I only decided to participate in the 'Waltz' last night after my boys had gone to bed and I have literally only just finished it!! The glue probably isn't even fully dry yet - luckily nothing fell off during the photo shoot! LOL!!

Here is my snowy scene canvas picture...(please excuse my rushed photography)

Snowy Canvas

I was SO inspired by Mona's post about mixed media canvasses (click here to see what Mona made and read more...) I had to give it a try and new exactly which of Claire's stamps I wanted to use. There's something so warm and exciting about those little cottages - it brings out the little girl in me again - I would just love to take a little look inside to see what life is like behind those cottage doors!! Maybe that's an idea for another stamp set - Cottage Interiors!!

IMG_5308

...I tried to make each cottage a little different from the other in some way - whether it was the colour of the doors, windows, roof or the pots outside the front doors.

IMG_5314

...you can see that I used lots of lovely white felt which I stitched together on my sewing machine and then stuck onto the canvas in one complete piece. I then tucked the trees, cottages and snowman into the 'snow drifts' after that.

IMG_5313

I enjoyed using paints and glue again...it's been a while and I know this is far from perfect, but I will enjoy seeing it up on the wall at Christmas time.

This is what I started with..just 4 pieces of patterned paper...

IMG_5298

..and some 'mod podge', paint and glitter later! I made my own 'mask' from a marianne creatables die and spritzed on some cosmic shimmer mist...and I then had the base canvas for the rest of my project.

IMG_5304

Anyway, I really hope you enjoyed what you have seen - I'm sorry that it feels little rushed...thanks so much for Waltzing by and hope you'll visit me again.

Helen xxx

Supplies: Waltzingmouse Stamps A Cottage Christmas, A Cottage Home, Santas Coming to Town, Very Vintage Christmas, Sewing Box Christmas,

26 comments:

~ Ali ~ said...

Oh this is fabulous! VEry very creative indeed. Love it

Ali x

Pauline said...

Helen, this is amazing!! Every little detail! Love the misted snowflake, the little house all differently coloured, such a wonderful fun canvas!

I'm Renee said...

Aaawwww!!!
You JUST made this last night!!!
Amazing!
This is so truly gorgeous...
every little detail...
I'm in awe!
This will be a treasure for years to come!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Holy smokes Helen! What a FABULOUS canvas! Lovin' all the sweet cottages and those hand cut trees! Such a wonderful keepsake for years to come! Thanks so much for the big shout out :)

Jeanne J said...

Helen - this is just over the top gorgeous! You did such a beautiful job creating this winter wonderland - I know you will treasure it for years!

Super Jen said...

I can't even begin to image how love this piece of heaven took to make. I especially love your creative sky.

cbuswell said...

Just wonderful! I was inspired by Mona's post too! I've been dying to try a mixed media canvas! I have the blank canvas sitting here looking at me! Yours turned out fabulous!! Can't wait to give it a try now!

Karen H. said...

Wow! This is beautiful! I village is so lovely!

Craftilicious said...

What a brilliant canvas - it looks amazing!!!

BethieJ said...

BEAUTIFUL Canvas!! I was just looking at that CUTE stamp set today! I LOVE what you have done with it!!
Have a GREAT day! Happy Waltzing!

Debgem said...

I'm amazed how quickly you made this canvas - it's absolutely gorgeous!! I love all the pretty details, and the little cottages are just amazing. Brilliant!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

What an absolutely stunning scene filled with a plethora of gorgeous details!! WOW!!

Maja said...

Amazing winter village.

Bumblebee said...

Wow, this is amazing! So much going on, thanks for sharing!

Kelly S. said...

I am pretty sure that I just fell off my chair. Yes, I did because this is THE most spectacular scene, Helen! I'll take 4...1 for each wall of my bedroom! AMAZING CREATIVITY, not to mention that the houses are colored so perfectly! Love the felty hills with the sweet snowman out to greet visitors to this sweet village. Oh and the background! Can't believe how you incorporated those patterned papers! They just magically blend in with your paint and gesso treatments! Though I am typing, I have no words, hee!

Cathy Weber said...

Wow, I don't even have any words to express how wonderful this project is. You take the prize for the most elaborate, well thought out project of the waltz, at least I think so. I could never come up with something as great as this one. I love how you colored and glittered up the cottages, the felt snowbanks, all the trees and that cute snowman. Just beautiful.

Kelly S. said...

I went back....you did NOT just make this LAST NIGHT???....Off the chair again ;)!

Sharron said...

This is positively AMAZING and AWESOME and INSPIRING! Gosh, what a lovely creation! Can hardly imagine that you made it last night!!! LOVE all the details--everything is SO beautifully done!!

LaurieJ said...

WOW! This is beyond fantastic. You really are an artist. What a beautiful thing to have to display each year around the holidays!

Julia Aston said...

What a beautiful hillside village scene! love the glittery snow and pretty cottages!

Cammie said...

First, I could think from now until and forever and not imagine such a creation, so to know know you started this the night before the waltz is amazing to me. This canvas ia AWESOME ( a adjective I use sparingly). Truly I am just amazed and keep staring at the photos take in all the fabulous details. I am so glad you shared your creative talent on this waltz.

Jacqueline Smith said...

Wow what an awesome card love the glittery snow and the cottages (a stamp set that I don't have yet)

Jen Cuthbertson said...

Wow!! This is such a fabulous project, Helen! Amazing scene! I love the background and the felt hills are perfect!

Kim said...

Wow! I think that says it all.

Emma Goodson said...

My lovely sister, you are so incredibly talented. I think that out of all the beautiful things you've made, this is my favourite. The photos are amazing but it's even more stunning in real life, your eye for detail is just incredible - thank you for showing me!

Pauline said...

Big congratulations on being the Big Cheese for the second time! I'm so glad that you are getting the recognition you so deserve Helen! You're an inspiration, truly. Xx