Thursday, 24 November 2011

Embellish and Card Patterns #142 Challenges

IMG_5337

Hi there,

I have a card to share today for the wonderful Embellish Leaves Color Trends Challenge and for the latest fabby Card Patterns Sketch by Michelle Bertuzzi. I love both of these blogs and find them SO inspiring. I've been trying to get this card made all week and been thinking about it a lot!!

I finished the card late and therefore ran out of daylight, so the colours aren't quite representative at this time of day. The reds are slightly blue/purpley in real life. Anyway, here is my card...

Embellish Color Card Patterns #142

I created the panels by using patterned papers from the Oxford collection by Basic Grey. I live around 30mins away from Oxford, so especially love these ;)!! The butterflies are die cut using the 'Butterfly Delights' border by Memory Box. I sponged the leaves from Papertrey Ink's Turning a New Leaf with ink and stamped onto Kraft Cardstock and then cut them out by hand. I used a wreath circle from the Waltzingmouse Faux Fun Circles Stamp set and stamped the sentiment from Say It With Style in Paris Dusk ink by Memento and then layered on some green felt cut with a Spellbinders Standard Circles Small Die.

IMG_5336

And here is the wonderful inspiration I followed...




Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog today - I do hope you like what you've seen.

Helen xxx

4 comments:

Emma Goodson said...

How beautiful, love the rich, autumnal colours and the butterflies down the left-hand side - really sweet. x

Pauline said...

Another stunner Helen, these colours are gorgeous, and I do love the ruffled ribbon. Gorgeous!

Charlene said...

Very beautiful card Helen! :-)

Kristii said...

What a pretty card!! The colors are rich and beautiful and the ruffled ribbon is perfect! Thanks for joining in the fun at Card Patterns this week!