Tuesday, 15 November 2011

Card Patterns #141 & PDCC107

VW VAN CARDPATTERNS PDCC

Just popping in with a card inspired by sketch #141 over at Card Patterns and the Play Date Cafe Challenge (use the colours Black and White, with a splash of Orange!!) Eeek!! Way out of my comfort zone, but exciting too!

I stamped and paper pieced a VW Camper Van with orange cardstock and paper from making memories 'Just Chillin' collection. I added some Glossy Accents to the windows and the lights for dimension - love that shiny, glassy effect!! The spare tyre on the front of the card is a white PTI button which I've had in my stash for what seems like forever and reminds me of white-wall tyres. I simply added a black adhesive pearl to the centre to finish it off.

SPARE TYRE

The banner was created by stamping a pennant from Waltzingmouse Bitty Banners onto paper from Basic Greys 'Out of Print' Collection and then cutting out and mounting onto foam dimensionals. It may be hard to see from the photo, but the paper I've used along the bottom has a whitewashed effect to it which reminded me of the chalky cliffs and soil we have along the beaches on our South Coast here in the U.K. So I guess that fits with the images I've used on my card.

SURF BOARDS DETAIL

And you can't think of VW camper vans and the beach without Surfboards - these cute images are from a set called Free Spirit Boy by Waltzingmouse Stamps.

I do hope you like what you've seen here today - thank you so much for visiting. Have a wonderfully creative rest of the week everyone!!

Helen x

Supplies:

Stamps: Retro Cars - Kanban; Free Spirit Boy, Bitty Banners, Say it Loud Winter Holiday - Waltzingmouse Stamps
Cardstock: Orange - PTI; White - Papermill
Patterned Papers: making memories - just chillin'; Basic Grey - out of print
Button: PTI Vintage White/Cream
other: twine, sewing machine, black adhesive pearls (Kaisercraft)

13 comments:

Lisa said...

Helen this is just a delight!!! Love this paper pieced VW and the creative spare tire! Your windows look great too :)

Tanya said...

I saw your card as I was uploading mine to Card Patterns and just had to stop by to tell you how cute it was! I just love it!

Dawn Braun said...

oh my GOODNESS, your little VW camper is the BOMB! Love all the details, cute little mirrors, button wheel & glossy windows!

Andrea Ewen said...

WOW! This is an awesome card! It's hard to tell all those lovely details until you see the close-up shots...and I have to say again, WOW! Beautiful, non-traditional Christmas card which makes it even more spectacular! Way to go on this one! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

WOW Helen! What a beautiful and fun card! Love all the detail especially the windows and lights!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

WOW! That VW camper is so fun!! LOVE the details and that button wheel! SOOOOO FUN! Thanks so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the PDCC:)

Julie Ranae said...

Helen...this design is SO adorable and a GREAT 'splash' for the challenge. So great to have you in The Play Date Cafe with us!

Julie Ranae said...

P.S...I meant to mention that my mother-in-law lives in Oxfordshire (in Banbury). My husband is from Manchester originally and my best friend is in Cheshire...we're here in the U.S. SOOOOO far away from them all : (

fatmi said...

Excellent, I think you should be the winner in this challenge.
discount card printing
Membership card printing

Teresa said...

Really cute! love the glossy accents and button.

Pauline said...

Wow Helen, you totally nailed this challenge! This is a fabulous card, so stylish, and I love the images you have used. I love that it's a Xmas card, with non traditional colours and images, a really fab creation.

TesaB said...

AWESOME! Fantastic details! Thanks for playing with us at Card Patterns this week!

Jeanne J said...

Helen VERY COOL! Love all the details! You nailed this!