Monday, 3 October 2011

WMSC#67 and Circles Color Trends Challenge

Holiday Tag Ornament Detail

Yay, It's time for another challenge over at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge Blog! This weeks brief is to create a card, tag, scrapbook page, 3D item or other project using the following inspirational and fun sketch:-



I also decided to play along with the Circles Color Trends Challenge at Embellish Magazine's blog. I had to improvise with the red color a little - so i hope this still qualifies!! The colours as you can see from the picture below are Green, Brown, White & Red.....



and here is what I came up with .....

Holiday Wishes Tag Ornament

I immediately thought to make a tag, but I actually think this would look good as an Ornament hanging on my Christmas tree.

I cut a blossom shape out of green felt using my blossom nestabilities and then used the Marianne Designs CreaTable die to cut the snowflake shape. I then stamped and layered the circle shapes on top of that to add some dimension. I stamped the snowman image in dark brown ink and then used copic markers to bring my snowman to life - to make him look a little 'whiter' I added some light blue shading around his face & middle; used walnut copic marker to colour his hat; added red and green stripes to his scarf and gave the little lantern a soft gentle glow by adding warm yellow!!
I added chritmassy red stickles to highlight the red band on his hat and also to the berry wreath he is attached to!! Some yummy red Dew Drops, ribbon, twine and buttons complete my little Christmassy tag.

I do hope you've enjoyed looking - thank you so much for stopping by my blog today!

Hugs,
Helen x

Supplies:
Spellbinders Nestabilities S4-192 Blossom; S4-114 Standard Circles Large Dies
Marianne Design CreaTables - LR0185 Snowflake die
Stamps: A Cottage Christmas, Very vintage Christmas, Faux Fun Circles - all Waltzingmouse Stamps
Ink: Stampin Up - Real Red, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip
Copic Markers: Walnut, YG13 Chartreuse; B41 Powder Blue; Y21 Buttercup Yellow; R24 Prawn
Other: Lime Green Felt - Hobby Craft; Hemp Cord - The beadery; Stickles - Xmas Red; Buttons from stash; Cream Cardstock
Red Dew Drops & Seam Binding - The Ribbon Girl

16 comments:

Kary said...

Hi Helen! Thanks for your sweet comment on my card. I really appreciate it!
Your tag is beautiful!! Love all the layers and the gorgeous snowflake die-cut. I think it'll be beautiful on your tree as well. Great job!!

Pauline said...

Oh Helen this is amazing!! What a gorgeous design! Those two WMS wreaths are two of my all time favourite stamps! I love the snowman and the doily backing, a superb entry for this weeks challenge! Blimey, I'll have to get my thinking cap on lol!! Xx

Jeanne J said...

Helen! Such a pretty Christmas tag! Your right it is perfect for the tree. Love all the little details.

Kelly S. said...

Sooooo sweet, Helen! I love that you made the die cut look like a little wreath! The snowman is adorable with the sparkly hat and the striped scarf!

I'm Renee said...

Beautiful!
It's absolutely fabby!
Love the snowman...
and I agree...
it's a fabulous ornament as well as a tag!

Debgem said...

What a fabulous Christmas ornament. I really like the texture with the felt and the lovely doily and sweet snowman! Fab!

Anonymous said...

So much to love in a little tag! Love how you stacked all your layers, so cute!

JJ Bolton {Ribbon Girls} said...

Wonderful tag! So many great details!

Astrid Maclean said...

Great ornament, love it!

LaurieJ said...

I absolutely adore this ornament! Fantastic!

Robin said...

What a super sweet tag!!! Love it!
Robin

Vickie Z said...

Adorable snowman and love the felt and die cut!!! Think it will be a perfect ornament too!!!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Oh my Helen! What an adorable tag! Lovin' all the WM goodness here! The shimmery accent in the snowman's hat adds a nice touch! Thanks for joining along with the WMSC :)

Cristina said...

How totally, totally stunning is this? Beautiful stamping and coloring. Love everything about it. Thanks for joining us at Embellish!

Charlene Austin said...

That would make for a fantastic ornament on the tree. Just wonderful!
Thanks so much for joining the Embellish challenge.

Chunyuan said...

beatiful card. congrats on your embellish shout out.