Sunday, 30 October 2011

The Shabby Tea Rooms Week #85 Happy Halloween

Hello lovely ladies & gents,

I think I am just in time for The Shabby Tea Room's fun 'Happy Halloween' challenge. The lovely Fran provided us with the most AMAZING photo - the likes of which I have never ever seen here in the UK!! Just look at that gorgeous tree!! My goodness, where to start? Fran asks that you create a card or project inspired by the HALLOWEEN THEME in this photo AND USE PURPLE, ORANGE, BLACK & NEUTRALS WITH TWINE OR RAFFIA!



I just had to get involved in the challenge this week and I have to say that I really had fun with this - I kept my children in mind when creating because I know they love the whole Halloween experience - it's much bigger here in the UK now.

Happy Halloween project

first jar side view IMG_5233

I am a stamper at heart so I pulled out the wonderful 'Wanda's Pantry','Say it Loud Winter Holiday' and Vintage Labels One from Waltzingmouse Stamps. The containers are just empty jam/sauce jars I have 'recycled' and filled with 'Fresh Eyeballs' (Murray mints) and 'Bat Droppings' (milk chocolate covered raisins).

I combined several of the images from Wandas pantry set to create the largest of the two labels - the 'Freshly picked Eyeballs' and the little witch at the bottom are seperate stamps which I've used to create my bespoke label here. I then went ahead and aged it using Tim Holtz Distress Ink. The smaller orange label is from the same set and stamped as is - i just stamped another bat and cut it out for more dimension.
Both jars are covered with scraps of material - the deep plum/purple is a remnant from my wedding day - my mum made the bridesmaid dress for my sister!
I created bands of colour around the jars themselves - purple and orange on the first and natural twill and twine around the second. Both have little labels on the back to cofirm that they are just sweeties after all!! :)
jars back view second jar back

here's a shot of the top of each of the jars...

jar top close up bat jar top

Thanks for visiting my blog today and hope you like what you've seen!! Have a wonderful week all of you.

Helen x

Supplies:
Stamps: Say it Loud Winter Holiday; Very Vintage labels one; Wandas Pantry
Ink: Basic Black; Elegant Eggplant; Lovely Lilac; Only Orange - Stampin Up
Fresh Snow - Papertrey Ink, Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Antique Linen, Tea Dye, Brushed Corduroy
Cardstock: Orange, Purple, Black, Cream - The Papermill
Spellbinders Nestabilities: Labels one; Standard Circles Large; Blossom
Ribbon, buttons, natural twine from stash
Black adhesive pearls, purple adhesive gems - Papermania

2 comments:

Pauline said...

These at fab creations Helen, I love these spooky labels, and the jars filled with yummy treats! Happy Halloween!

purple_pea_fran said...

Fab Halloween project! Love the rich colours and cute labels :) Thanks for joining us at The Shabby Tearoom this week.