Monday, 31 October 2011

The Ribbon Reel Challenge 14

TRR Challenge #14

Hi, Good Morning everyone!

This Monday brings a fresh fortnightly challenge from The Ribbon Reel and my first card to share as a Design Team member.

This week we have the most beautiful photo for your inspiration brought to you by my lovely friend, Pauline Pollington....The challenge is to use Turquoise, Hot Pink and Cream as the main colours of your card, scrap page or 3D project.



now onto my card...

TRR #14 SIDE VIEW

All the ribbon I used on my card is from The Ribbon Reel. I created a gathered ruffle edge using some white silky crush ribbon and then used some hot pink ruffle edge ribbon and aqua seam binding to create a border. I then added some of the most beautiful paper flowers - the ivory rose and the truly stunning hot pink cherry blossom are amazing in real life.

TRR #14 FLOWERS

The patterned paper I used for the background is from the MME Lost & Found collection and I just added a stitched border around the edge using my sewing machine. I used Versamark ink to stamp the heart from the Waltzingmouse Seasons of Love Tags set onto Aqua cardstock and then heat embossed using clear embossing powder. The lace flower you can see behind those little fleece birds is a piece I cut from a collar belonging to my confirmation outfit which I wore when I was about 14 years old!! Not quite an heirloom piece, but I am so grateful to my mum for keeping hold of it and passing it back to me so that I can 'recycle' it :)

Now pop on over to The Ribbon Reel Challenge blog to see the amazing creations from the rest of the Design Team and play along to be in with a chance of winning some fabulous goodies from The Ribbon Reel shop.

Thanks for stopping by and have a wondeful week!

Helen x

Supplies:
Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Seasons of Love Tags; Say it Loud Winter Holidays;
Ink: Memento Rose Bud; Versamark Clear Watermark ink
Cardstock: Aqua Mist - PTI; Patterned Paper - Lost and Found Collection My Minds Eye
Fleece Birds and Label - American Crafts
Pink Button, aqua Prima Rose, cream twine from my stash

4 comments:

Pauline said...

This is beautiful Helen! Love the cherry blossom and that gorgeous WMS heart, one of my favourite stamps! So glad you made it to the team xx

Keilly said...

Gorgeous card Helen, I love the embossed WMS heart and those adorable felt birds. x

purple_pea_fran said...

Gorgeous! The embossed heart is so pretty. Fran x

Sue Lelli said...

Helen, the colors are definitely Pauline but the GORGEOUSNESS is all YOURS! LOVE the ruffle and the ribbon and the heart with the crocheted goodness and those FAB doves! CONGRATS on your first card as a DT member! You made quite the splash!!!