Thursday, 13 October 2011

Mini Album WMSC68 & TSG125

Hi all,

I just wanted to share something I put together super-quick. I have the makings of a mini album for my husband! It's his birthday on Sunday and I still have much to do to get it finished before then-but the basic ideas are there. Most of the components are ready to go - just a few more special photos, handmade envelopes containing secret little messages and some other little handwritten bits and bobs from my two boys to go in there.

IMG_5195

IMG_5196

handmade mini-envelopes and other treasures...but still a little way to go...

IMG_5199

I mostly used existing supplies. The overall shape of the album was cut from thick cardboard using Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Eight Dies, then it was a snap to cover with some yummy papers using the very same die. I used the Basic Grey "Oxford" and "Out of Print" collections. Of course, I HAD to do some stamping, so used the fantastic circles background stamp from Waltzingmouse Free Spirit Boy to create a bespoke background paper ;) I also had great fun using the "Bitty Banners" stamp set and more patterned paper to create the bunting which is draped over the top left hand corner of the album cover.
I made the banner which holds the 'you' part of the sentiment using my scor-pal and the rosette on which it sits is made out of paper strips, folded concertina style!!

I do hope to show you more pictures when the album is completed - but unfortunately not until Jon's birthday on the 16th October!! Fingers crossed he will like it :)) - The most wonderful thing about making these albums is that they are a snapshot in time and I guess that you can personalize them so much - you can guarantee he won't have another prezzie like it!!

I have to say that I have been so inspired recently by the uber-talented Ashley Newell and also the lovely Meredith MacRitchie - those ladies really spurred me on to make more of these albums. And not forgetting the challenges over at Waltzingmouse WMSC68 and There She Goes TSG125

Love & Hugs,

Helenxxx

5 comments:

Teresa Kline said...

wow, what a fabulous card, luv the depth, the mini clothespins....a awesome card...hope you have a wonderful weekend!

enjoy *~*

rockwelldesigns said...

Hi Helen, Your card has great texture and color! Thanks for playing this week's challenge at There She Goes!

Debgem said...

What a super idea! So much texture in your mini album and I love the pegs!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Wow Helen! Your mini is going to be fabulous! Can't wait to see the completed project! The cover is stunning! Thanks for joining along with the WMSC :)

Pauline said...

Absolutely gorgeous Helen! A lovely gift for your hubby!