Tuesday, 25 October 2011

Little Cup of Pansies CR84FN41 Color Challenge

flower detail

Hi there lovelies!

I have a card for the CR84FN#41 Color Challenge. The ladies on the DT provided so much inspiration that I decided to play along. It's a beautiful inspirational photo this week - not colours I would usually go for but I really enjoyed playing with all the tones/possibilities. I don't really have much in the Steel Blue colour, so had to adapt a little :).



To create the card I used the Afternoon Tea Sentiments stamp set from Waltzingmouse(for such a big tea drinker, why did I not get this set before?). I stamped the pansies twice using black stazon. They were crying out to be coloured, so I broke out the copic markers which I have to say have been a little neglected in past weeks!! I then cut out & shaped the second set of coloured flowers to build up the image and give it a little more dimension.

flower teacup

I used the Sizzix 'plaid' embossing folder on the top half of the card to add a little interest and then added patterned paper, union blue seam binding and grey/white bakers twine. I stamped the teacup image onto grey patterned paper from Echo Park's Victoria Gardens collection and then cut out and mounted with the pansies onto more patterned paper from MME's Lost & Found Collection. The sentiment at the bottom is stamped in Memento's 'London Fog' ink. It's the first time I've inked up this particular sentiment, but I can see it becoming a firm favourite with me. It could easily be adapted to use with any other stamps by replacing the 'friend' part with 'mum' or 'sister'. That's what I love about stamping - lots of possibilities and so many opportunities to make it personal.

FLOWER1DETAIL

That's all I have for today - thanks so much for stopping by and hope you like my card!

Helen

Supplies:
Seam binding, twine - The Ribbon Reel
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps - Afternoon Tea Sentiments
Ink: London Fog - Memento
Copic Markers: B41 Powder Blue; T1 Toner Gray; B45 Smoky Blue;YG11; YG13; Y21 Buttercup yellow; 0 Colorless Blender.
Cardstock: Yellow - Stampin Up; Blue - PTI
Paper: My Minds Eye - Lost & Found Sunshine; Echo Park Victoria Gardens Collection
Spellbinders Nestabilities Dies: Blossom S4-192; Standard Circles Large S4-114
Sizzix Embossing Folder - Plaid; Yellow button from stash

13 comments:

Carla said...

Beautiful card, love the dimension on your flowers. What a beautiful sentiment too.

Sue Lelli said...

Helen, your teacup of pansies is DELIGHTFUL! LOVE the dimension! Pretty embossed background, too! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

Pauline said...

Helen this is gorgeous! I love the patterned teacup, and we must be thinking along the same lines, I've coloured this image in whilst away, just need to make a card with it now! Love that embossed panel and the Seam binding and baker's twine, a gorgeous card.

Emsie said...

So lovely! Those colours are gorgeous together aren't they? I love the way you combine so many different things together and it ends up looking fabulous! xx

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Gorgeous card Helen! Love the 3D WM flowers and the elegant Tea cup! You did an amazing job coloring the pretty flowers ~ bringing them to life! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

Lisa S. said...

I love pansies and these are stunning Helen! So pretty and love the 3D effect, great card.

Cheryl said...

What a cheerful card! Fab job on those beautiful flowers, and I love the dp's and embossing. Thanks for joining us at CR84FN! ~Hugs, Cheryl

Lisa said...

This is such a charming card! Love the teacup full of beautifully colored pansies.

Debgem said...

This is just wonderful! I love the layered pansies in the cup and really sweet sentiment. Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

Cheryl said...

Congratulations on being chosen as a CR84FN41 Terrific Top 3 designer! Well deserved...your card is beautiful!

Lin said...

Helen, just came over from CR84FN to tell you how much I adore this card! Pansies are a special flower to me, and especially in this wonderful blue! Well done, and congratulations on your win there!!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Pansies are one of my favorite flowers and yours are beautiful! Congrats for being selected to the Terrific Top Three!
Mackie

Keilly said...

Congrats on your CR84FN top 3 xx