Saturday, 22 October 2011

Hi, looks like it's going to be a glorious sunny Autumn day here in my little patch of Oxfordshire so before I head out with my two boys to put some colour in our cheeks, I'd like to share a quick card.

get well detail

I'm playing along with The Ribbon Reel who have another fun fortnightly challenge on their blog. Clare Buswell is the host for this week and has chosen this absolutely stunning photo to inspire us - I love the variety of colours in this photo.



get well mother mccarthy

The challenge is to create a card /project inspired by the colours from the photo and also use FLOWERS (yay!!). I needed a quick and cheery Get Well card, so I chose to use the 'Rescue Remedies' stamp set from Waltzingmouse Stamps and papers by My Minds Eye 'Stella and Rose' collection. I stamped directly onto the lovely yellow gingham paper (just love this look) and then used a copic marker to add a little colour to the beautiful flourish you see there at the top of the label. I already had the die cut Labels 4 shapes ready cut, so it was actually quite a quick card to make.
I added some stitching around the edge of the pretty little flower paper and then created a border using peach lace, some cotton trim and yellow seam binding. To finish I added some paper flowers and a pearly pin. *happy sigh*

Have a great weekend, whatever you are up to.

Hugs,

Helen x

Supplies:
Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Four
Stamps: Rescue Remedies - Waltzingmouse Stamps
Cardstock: Yellow/cream - Stampin Up
Papers: Stella & Rose 6x6 Pad - My Minds Eye
Ink: Rich Cocoa - Memento; Rose Coral - Colorbox
Copic Marker: E02 - Fruit Pink
Pearl Headed stick pin - The Ribbon Reel
Forsythia Yellow Seam Binding - The Ribbon Reel
Peach lace & Aqua cotton trim - Websters Pages Designer Trim
Other: brown cotton thread, sewing machine, adhesive foam dimensionals.

5 comments:

Pauline said...

Absolutely gorgeous Helen, I just love the gingham label, sorry, but I am so going to case that lol! One of my favourites of yours, a really gorgeous design! Thanks for joining us at The Ribbon Reel this week ;-)

Carla said...

Beautiful card - love those colours together. Your blog is beautiful, I have just become a follower and look forward to seeing all your creations!

Debgem said...

This is stunning - I love the papers and the way you've used the gingham behing the remedy stamp (I may be CASing that). This is just fabulous.

And many congratulations on being selected to join the Ribbon Reel DT. Well deserved!

Keilly said...

Beautiful card Helen, love how the stamp looks on the gingham paper. Thanks for sharing.

cbuswell said...

Stunning! love the pretty paper and stitching! Congrats on your new DT position! : )