Sunday, 25 September 2011

Thankyou Earth Angel - WMSC66 & PDCC100

Earth Angel Thankyou Card

Happy Weekend everyone! Today I'm sharing a sweet little thank you card I've made using the WMSC66 sketch as my guide and the inspirational colours over at the Play Date Cafe Challenge Blog(PDCC100). This is their 100th Challenge, so Congratulations to them!!





This little lady is so cute - I stamped her a couple of times onto card and then cut & coloured her using copic markers - a skin white colour for her face, a little blush to her cheeks and an organgey shade for her shoes and bow in her hair.
I had a little lace left after cutting the border section on the left of the card, so decided to cut out a little lace pinafore and paper piece it over the top of her dress. I absolutely LOVE how this turned out and I'm hoping it ties in O.K. with the lace border and the rest of the card (although it's not strictly inline with the colours we are supposed to use :-)). I already had the butterfly shape cut out and ready to go, so I just coloured it yellow and adhered it to her back to give her some Angel Wings. As I didn't have any adhesive pearls in a suitable shade, I decided to colour some myself with a green copic marker and I think they turned out quite well in the end. I used elements from four of my beloved Waltzingmouse Stamp sets on this card and more details follow under the supplies list below.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend and thanks for stopping by today!

Hugs,
Helen x

Supplies:
Stamps: Earth Angel; Bitty Banners, Teeny Trees (sentiment), Dainty Doilies all Waltzingmouse Stamps
Ink: More Mustard; Choc Chip -Stampin Up; Potters Clay - Memento; Vintage Cream - PTI; Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Tea Dye
Copic Markers - YG17, Y21, E00, E02
Paper - Orange-Papermania; Green patterned paper - Echo Park
Cardstock: Kraft, Ripe Avocado, Summer Sunrise - PTI
Spellbinders Nestabilities - Labels One; Petite Scalloped Circles Large & Standard Circles Large; Spellbinders Grand Nestabilities - Wonderful Wings Dies.
Other: Lace, Button, Brad, twine - all from my stash. Pearls - kaiser craft

14 comments:

Pauline said...

Helen, this is simply jaw dropping! Absolutely gorgeous, love the little lacy pinafore, and the ruffled satin ribbon is a dream! I think I see a winner here!

Jill said...

Such a lovely detailed card.

Debgem said...

Just gorgeous!! I adore Earth Angel and her lace dress is fab! Really lovely!

Kelly S. said...

Oh my word, that lace dress is THE BEST THING EVER on Earth Angel! I didn't think I could love that image any more than I already do, but now I DO! SO CREATIVE, Helen! The whole card just oozes sweetness! Her WINGS! The gathered ribbon! The COLORS! Eek, totally in love...fabulous card, Helen!

Karin (PeppermintPatty) said...

What a wonderful take on the sketch and on the colors!!! LOVE your card and the angel is soooo super sweet in her beautiful dress! GREAT job!

Astrid Maclean said...

Great card and I love how you used the stamp!! The colours are stunning too

Teresa Kline said...

stunning, I luv this...hope your day is grand!

enjoy *~*

~Tammy~ said...

This is stunning! There are so many beautiful design elements! I love the ribbon treatment, the fine lace...so many eye catching things and thoughtful additions!

Cathy Weber said...

I just love this card, there are so many really great details and so well thought out. I especially like the lace on the angels dress. I love the twine wrapped around the ribbon, very creative card.

Rochelle said...

Wow!

Jeanne J said...

Helen, I love all the fabric on this one. Earth Angel's dress is fantastic! I also like the green ruffle with the twine, that gorgeous gem, and that little bit of lace peeking out on the left. You nailed this!

Michele Gross said...

Just precious! Love all the wonderful trims and great use of color :) Thanks for playing at The Play Date Cafe!

Julia Aston said...

Love that pleated ribbon and pretty lace paper pieced dress on your angel Helen!

Jean Martin said...

WOW! This is stunning! All the elements are perfect! And that angel is sooo beautiful!