Wednesday, 28 September 2011

DYSU Challenge #38 - Duo

2nd close up on cameos



Just popping in with a new card made for the Do You Stack Up? Challenge over at their blog...This weeks theme is Duo! The team want to see design elements in twos or pairs....and here's my take...

Cameo Everything to Me

I thought the pair/duo concept would lend itself well to a partnership too - so I made an Anniversary/wedding type card...

The Cameos are stamped with Versamark Ink and then stamped in Silver Pearl embossing powder - I love the texture and irregular look this gives. I used my current favourite Melissa Frances 5th Avenue papers, Waltzingmouse stamps, buttons, lace, prima rose, scalloped edge punch, Spellbinders Fancy Tags - *happy sigh* - really enjoyed indulging my girlie side with this one!!

I also have a couple of recycled items on this card - six buttons to be precise which were passsed onto me from my mum who cut them off a shirt & thought of me! Love that! So it means I can also enter this card into the CES Challenge - to Recycle.

Have a wonderful rest of the week everyone!!

Hugs,
Helen x x

Supplies:
Waltzingmouse stamps:- Cameo creations, Roses in Bloom
Ink: Versamark, Vintage Cream - PTI; Antique Linen distress ink - Tim Holtz; Close to Cocoa - Stampin Up!
papers: Melissa Frances - Fifth Avenue collection
Aqua Mist Cardstock: Papertrey Ink
Spellbinders Fancy Tags; cuttlebug
Scallop edged punch - EK Success
Chipboard scalloped square - American Crafts;
Rose - Prima; white flowers - Melissa Frances; Lace, buttons, pearl beading on her hair - from my stash.

6 comments:

Naomi said...

Oh, WOW! This is STUNNING! Love the DP, the subtlety of the clear embossing on the main images, and the gorgeous embellishments! Thanks so much for joining us, this week, at DYSU!

Ren-Yi said...

Yum - what stunning pearls on the girl's bun. I do love love that set by WMS. You really showcased them so well and picked lovely divine colors. Thanks for playing along with us at DYSU.

Pauline said...

Another beauty Helen, love the pearly headband, and that gorgeous paper, a lovely feminine chic card. Thanks for joining in at DYSU this week!

Pauline said...

And congratulations on WINNING at DYSU!! Can't wait to see what you make with your prize!

Jill said...

TLove how you have used stamps from more than one set it really does mean you get much more mileage from them!

Jill said...

Sorry, I hit post before I had finished! This is such a lovely card, Helen - I love the style you have used - very WMS - beautiful.

Jill x