Sunday, 18 September 2011

Case Study#57 & Card for WMSC#65

Happy Sunday!!

CASE Study57 WMSC65

Here is my first ever entry into this week's CASE Study Challenge 57 and also for the fabby WMS Sketch Challenge65

Here is a link to view the card created by this month's muse, Julie Lacey.
I followed the brilliant sketch created by Anya Schrier....


I used the largest square die cut from my Labels One nestabilities to cut the curved edge onto the bottom of my card. I then stamped the beautiful border stamp from Victorian Frippery twice in black ink to create the patterned section. I then used my nestabilities to cut the black blossom & white circle shape. I stamped the tree and sentiment in black ink and then added the leaves using the tan coloured tea dye distress ink. I then layered the focal point using foam dimensionals. Black ribbon, twine and black button have been added as a final touch. I only had cream twine, so I used some tea dye distress ink to colour it to my liking :-)

friends always close up

friends always button close-up

I hope you've enjoyed what you have seen - have a great week.

Til next time,

Helen.

Supplies:
Stamps: Victorian Frippery;Teeny Trees - Waltzingmouse Stamps
Ink: Basic Black - Stampin Up; Tim Holtz Tea Dye Distress Ink
Spellbinders - Standard circles large; Blossom; Labels One Nestabilities
Kraft, Black, White Cardstock - Bazill
Button & twine from my stash (coloured with tea dye distress ink)

13 comments:

Niki Estes said...

Helen, this is so pretty! I love the CAS design!

Stella said...

The Victorian Frippery set is my absolute favorite of WM stamps . Especially that border stamp. And the way you used it on this card...I can only sigh.....wow wow wow....FABULOUS!!!
XX

Mona L. Pendleton said...

So pretty Helen! That teeny tree is darling and love the beautiful stamped background! Thanks for joining along with the WMSC :)

Pauline said...

Gorgeous Helen, such a classic card, wonderful!

Claire Brennan said...

Divine!! Sheer class!!

Aimes said...

Oooh what a beautiful CAS card! I love it! I also love the gorgeous autumnal colour of your leaves :)
Thanks for joining us on CASE study this week!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Andrea Ewen said...

Wow, simply stunning! Love the background design and the wonderful focal panel! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

I like Claire's comment "sheer class", elegant is another great word.

Edna Morrisedie said...

Lovely use of elements and clean lines, great job! Thanks so much for playing along with the Mischief Makers this week!

Debgem said...

A really elegant clean and simple design. I think the lacey background is just lovely with the sweet sentiment!

Jean Martin said...

Oh my goodness! Helen I LOVE this!!! Simple and elegant! And you used my favorite stamp set! :) Thanks for sharing it with us at WMSC! :)

Kelly S. said...

So striking, Helen! That image in black, layered like that over the kraft? Sooo beautiful! I love your ribbon at the bottom that ties in so perfectly with your sweet tree!

maria f. said...

Gorgeous card Helen. I love the look of the circle die cut on the blossom.