Monday, 26 September 2011

Butterfly Birthday Wishes

Hi, Just sharing a card I made between jobs at home today!!

Butterfly Birthday Wishes Card

I am truly in love with the new Spellbinders Grand Nestabilities 'Wonderful Wings' dies - they fit together so perfectly. I firstly cut the solid butterfly outline out of patterned paper and layered it onto some plain cardstock. i then went ahead and cut the detailed wings out of complimentary patterned paper. I think the cut-out shape with those pretty butterfly wings over the top looks so effective and I've had it in my mind to do this forever!!.

Butterfly Birthday Wishes label

I stamped the wonderful birthday sentiment from the 'Eat Cake' Waltzingmouse stamp set in chocolate brown ink onto the label which I cut using the Spellbinders 'Fancy Tags' die. I added some cream zig zag stitching around the edge of the card to make a border, added some lace, Label and ribbon, adhered it all to my card base and Voila!! I love it when things come together easily!

birthday butterfly wings close-up

Anyway, I hope you like the card and thanks so much for visiting today :)

Helen x

Supplies:
Spellbinders Grand Nestabilities - Wonderful Wings
Spellbinders Shapeabilities - Fancy Tags
Stamps: Eat Cake - Waltzingmouse Stamps
Paper: Echo park - Springtime Collection
Cardstock: hawaiian shores - PTI
Ink: Chocolate Chip - Stampin Up; Tim Holtz - Antique Linen Distress Ink
Cuttlebug, Sewing machine, Cream Cotton Thread
Lace, Ribbon, Adhesive Pearl - from stash

2 comments:

Pauline said...

So pretty Helen, love that butterfly shape, a simply stunning card!

Emsie said...

Oh that's so pretty, one of my favourites I think! xx