Sunday, 17 July 2011

Waltzing Mouse Sketch Challenge 56



Julia Aston has provided us with a wonderful sketch for inspiration this week over at the Waltzingmouse sketch challenge blog.

Its been quite a while since I last took part in one of these and almost as long since I last made something.....I've missed it...and glad to be back in a creative frame of mind again :)). I used my favourite stamps and my favourite flocked papers and even did a little fussy cutting around the leaves and flowers ;-)

What prompted this sudden urge to make something?? Well, it's nearing the end of the school term for my 5 & 7 year old boys and I wanted to at least try do something a little special for their teachers to show our gratitude.

So, first I set to work making a card....

Thank you Kindly bird WMSC56

then a mug....then a candle!! LOL!!

Bird Card, Candle & Mug WMSC56

I love the little birdie image from the "Sewing Box Hugs" stamp set and I also love the simplicity of the image on the mug and candle. I really think they are cute homemade gifts - and the best bit is that they cost me very little to make - a fraction of what it would cost to buy them in a little shop.
I know this technique of transfering stamped images is probably 'old news' in the crafting world now, but it's new to me and I just absolutely love it - dare I say a little addicted to it???

Well, I hope you've enjoyed what you have seen and I hope their teachers will like them too!!

Supplies:

Stamps: Sewing Box - Hugs, Fancy Phrases - Waltzing Mouse Stamps; Fancy Flourishes - PTI
Printed Flocked Papers: La Creme Mat Stack - DCWV
Ink: Stazon-Jet Black; Stampin Up-Basic Black, Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Antique Linen, Tea Dye;
Spellbinders - Fancy Tags; Labels 4 Dies
Cream Cotton Lace - from stash, Kaiser pearls, foam dimensionals, Tombow multi-purpose glue & roller glue.

12 comments:

rudlis said...

Stunning design and gorgeous card! I love it!

Cyndie said...

Oh, what great projects! I love how you have combined the various sets, and your lovely colors! I love that Sewing Box Hugs birdie too (love the whole set in fact)--so fun to see it on cup and candle!

Kelly S. said...

Oh what gorgeous creations, Helen, so glad to see you back! The color scheme is so striking with all of the detail on the card. LOVE that birdie paired with the tag and all of the lovely dimensional branches, just beautiful! Oh and the candle and mug, AWESOME gifts...I want a mug with that birdie, too!

Julie said...

This is beautiful, Helen! I love the neutral colors!

Julia Aston said...

So glad you're back to stamping Helen! what wonderful projects you created! love your card with the lovely cut outs and layers! The mug and candle are super coordinating gifts! I'm sure the teachers will love these!

Pauline said...

Helen it's been so long!! What fabulous makes you have here for the teachers, I love the stamped mug and candle. Your card is stunning, I love the fussy cut flocked paper and the sweet little bird image looks fab in monochrome! So glad to see you here again, it's always a pleasure to pop by your blog! Xxx

Debgem said...

Oh how gorgeous!! I think I'd like to teach your children - the mug and candle are just fab! Your card is stunning - lovely layers and very elegant colour scheme too!

Sarah said...

Helen this is wonderful I love the candle and the mug.

Stella said...

This is gorgeous; you used your WM stamps in a wonderful way. I think I just looked at a one of this weeks' Top Mouses...:)

J Berry said...

what a lovely gift xxx

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Stunning

Jen Cuthbertson said...

That set is so amazing! I love the little hen on the mug!! Great job with the challenge sketch this week!