Sunday, 31 July 2011

Lovely Couture!!

Just popping in to share a card I have created for this weeks Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge 58 and CR84FN35 Colour Challenge....

Here is the sketch created by the lovely Kelly Schirmer....

and colour inspiration over at CR84FN Color Challenge Blog.....



and here is my card....

WMSC58 CR8FN35 You're Lovely
WMSC58 CR8FN35 CLOSE-UP
WMSC58 CR8FN35
WMSC58

I stamped the top part of the background using one of the images from "Dainty Doilies" in Memento "London Fog" grey & Stampin Up's "Certainly Celery" ink. For the bottom part I stamped PTI's text-style stamp in Lavender ink onto grey paper.
I stamped another doily image in grey ink onto grey patterned paper and then trimmed and made into a little pocket shape.
I used the absolutely gorgeous dress-makers dummy image from Waltzingmouse's "You're Lovely" stamp set onto cardstock and then stamped the bodice and skirt onto some Lavender Guide Lines Paper - as I'm limited in lavender paper shades I decided to print out some of the free "try before you buy" Sneek Peek Pieces available at Papertrey Ink. I also got inventive and made my own decorative pins using pearl headed pins and some glass beads from my stash.

Enjoy what is left of the weekend.

Helen x

Supplies:

Stamps: You're Lovely, Dainty Doilies - Waltzingmouse Stamps; Text-Style - papertrey ink
ink: Memento - London Fog; Certainly Celery & Lavender Lace - Stampin Up!
Cardstock: Lavender Lace - Stampin Up!; White - the paper mill; grey scroll patterned paper - Pink Petticoat
Green Rose -Websters Pages "Bloomers"
Other: sewing machine, Button, ribbon - Lavender moon- PTI; Certainly Celery - SU!; Sheer lavender wired organza from stash!!!

12 comments:

Kelly S. said...

SERIOUSLY, Helen?! This is one of the prettiest cards that I have ever seen! The colors are just divine, and I love how you paired the dress form with the doilies and that gorgeous flourished pocket! Your embellishments are perfection...this card is an absolute dream!

Sue Lelli said...

Helen, this is just GORGEOUS! LOVE the dress form and the doily and the stamped patterned paper you created! LOVE the pocket and the single bloom, too! FAB card! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

Jeanne J said...

Helen, This is sooo pretty. I love all the details, the stick pins, the ribbon pull, the silver button. Everything looks like it was made to go together. Just perfect.

Julia Aston said...

This is lovely Helen! The colors look so pretty with the doilies and dress form stampings!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

WOW Helen! Your card is gorgeous! Love the doily stamped background and that dress form looks so elegant! Thanks so much for joining along with CR84FN and the WMSC :)

Stella said...

I think I see a winner ( of both challenges). This is breathtaking!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Love what you've done with the sketch.

Debgem said...

Absolutely beautiful - so many pretty details. Love the fabric rose and pin! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

Edna Morrisedie said...

I love the doily behind the dress form and your colours are super pretty, well done and thanks for playing along with the Mischief Makers this week!

Andrea M said...

What a stunning card! Love the dress form!!! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!!!

Lisa said...

Wow so pretty...loving those stick pins and the great tag pocket!!!

MTNestor said...

Very pretty - I love the way you used the Dainty doilies from PTI. The dress form is very pretty.

Penny N.