Monday, 13 September 2010

Fresh Greens!!

Before I go any further I have to have a little "toot toot" as my card made the top 3 Waltzingmouse awards for last week's sketch challenge!! I just love joining in the Waltzingmouse sketch challenges each week and look forward to see what the new layout will be!! And I have another card to share for this week's Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge which I believe may also fit The Shabby Tea Room "Fresh Living" inspired challenge.



I stamped the label image in pale green ink onto aqua cardstock and then heat embossed the sentiment and little flourish with white embossing powder. I then used my white signo gel pen to add a little extra definition to the oval shape of the frame. I was so worried about a wobbly line that I think I actually held my breath the whole time I was drawing!! You can also see the cotton scallop lace trim better in this photo too!!



I stamped the beautiful border image from Waltzingmouse Very Vintage Christmas to create some custom patterned paper - my lack of skill in photography hasn't quite captured all the detail on this card because I also scored vertical lines at 1/4" inch intervals to guide my stamping using my Scor-Pal...here's a close up......



I hope you enjoyed what you have seen today - have a great week and hope to see you again!!

Helen x

Supplies:
Stamps: Technique Tuesday - Loving Words by Ali Edwards; Waltzingmouse Stamps: Very Vintage Christmas, Very Vintage Labels 4 (flourish)
Ink: Certainly Celery, white embossing powder - Stampin Up; Aqua Mist, Fresh Snow - PTI
Cardstock: Kraft - Bazill; Aqua Mist - PTI
Ribbon: White Grosgrain, green grosgrain - Stampin Up
Other: Lace cotton trim on card edge - Websters Pages; white flower button - PTI; Adhesive pearl - Kaisercraft; Rose - Prima; Mini Clothes-Peg; Sewing Machine; Scor-Pal

13 comments:

Debbie said...

What a simply gorgeous card ... I {heart} the pale aqua, green and kraft color palette! Congrats on your WMS top 3 ... I was one last week toooo!! TFS your lovely card with us this week in the Tea Room :)

Susan Allan said...

I love the colours you have used. It is really sweet!!
Sue xx

Kelly S. said...

Beautiful colors, Helen! So soft and pretty, and love the embellishing (the cute clothespin, eek!) and the white embossed sentiment, just lovely!

Monica K. said...

Beautiful card! Love the patterns you used. And congrats on winning the top 3 WMS! :)

Julia Aston said...

Congrats on your top mouse status Helen! whoo hoo!! love this pretty card in shades of green - the white embossing and scored lines look wonderful! thanks for playing with the WMS sketch again this week!

PapierGirl said...

Beautiful work and congratulations on your top 3 status! Thanks for joining us this week at TSTR! :)

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow, this is absolutely gorgeous! I love the tall shape to this and the gorgeous colors mixed with the kraft. The striped paper you stamped is fabulous, and I adore the lace edging on the side. Beautiful stamps, frame and sentiment, and the little flower looks wonderful. This is just gorgeous. Thanks for sharing with us at TSTR.

Monique said...

What a beautiful card... I love the colors you have used, laced edging and the little clothes pin.. Congrats on top 3 last week :)

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Helen! That lil' clothespin looks darling on top of that gorgeous label! I also like how you inked the edges with white - so soft & feminine looking! Thanks for playing along with the WMSC :)

Ruth M said...

Such a lovely serene card, gorgeous, I love the aqua paired with the kraft!

Sue Lelli said...

So PRETTY! LOVE the delicate colors and the Prima rose and the scoring detail! FAB!

Deb Hickman said...

Gorgeous card, I love the soft colours with the kraft card and your stamped background is so pretty.

xxxxDebxxxx

Julie said...

A beautiful card