Wednesday, 4 August 2010

Waltzing Mouse Sketch Challenge 8

Hello everyone in Blogland!!

I've just sneeked away to post a picture of the card I have made for this week's Sketch challenge over at Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge Blog. Wow, as if this week's challenge wasn't hard enough I decided to make it doubly hard for myself and make a more masculine card for upcoming birthday!! I know, I must be nuts - especially being pressed for time with my boys at home for the holidays!!I seem to be getting slower and slower making cards these days, even when I'm supposed to be following a sketch, LOL! For some reason I decided to turn the sketch 90 degrees clockwise and worked from that.

Anyway, here is the sketch and my interpretation (if a little loose - the sketch is in there somewhere I promise!!) follows after that:

Thanks so much for stopping by :)





Supplies:
Stamps: Waltzing Mouse - Free Spirit Boy (Wreath - just seen); Fancy Phrases (Sentiment)
ink: Fresh Snow, Hawaiian Shores - PTI
Card: Papermill
Patterned Papers: Making Memories - Just Chillin'Boy Collection
Spellbinders Nestabilities - Circles Small
Buttons: from Stash
Sewing Machine & Thread

7 comments:

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Cute card Helen! I like how you flipped the sketch & your squiggles stitching adds such a great touch :) Thanks for playing along with the WMSC :)

Pauline said...

Helen, this is perfect, love the deep blue base, and the wonky stitching. Pxx

Ruth M said...

What a fab card, a great take on the sketch, I love it! The stitching along the side is great!

Julia Aston said...

Love the lighter colors against the dark blue Helen! great choices for a masculine card - the stitching looks great down the side too! thanks for playing with WMS this week!

suezie said...

Helen I just love your take on this week's WM sketch - simply beautiful!

cbuswell said...

Great take on the sketch, love the stitching!

Ann said...

Fab graphic interpretation of this sketch - just love that stitching!