Wednesday, 25 August 2010

Waltzing Mouse Sketch Challenge 11

Hi there,

Its time for Waltzingmouse sketch challenge 11. Guess what? one lucky random participant will win TWO new sets due for release in September just for entering this sketch challenge-how fantastic is that??!!

Those lovely ladies have provided another fab sketch to challenge us all with!! Round cards are a bit of a challenge for me, but here goes!! Here is the sketch:



I must have been feeling Christmassy when I made this - inspired by a pictures i found of Scandinavian red and white Christmas decorations & candles...



and here is my take on it.....a little card/decoration to hang on the christmas tree and a cute snowy/icy looking snowflake soap to go with it (any excuse for me to make a soap these days-am really on a soap making kick at the moment!!)




and here is the matching soap....the sentiment reads "Let It Snow"




This is the first time I customised my own ribbon by stamping the beautiful border strip from Very Vintage Christmas in red onto some white ribbon. I also stamped the red plaid using the stamp from pic-nic Patterns onto white cardstock then stamped and embossed the beautiful lacey edged circle stamp from Vintage Circles Small and a snowflake image onto real red cardstock. I pulled it all together with some vintage cotton lace trim, red & white gingham ribbon, zig-zag stitching, some buttons, red thread and a little wooden Santa - so cute!!

Thanks so much for looking and hope you've enjoyed what you've seen :-)

Helen x

Supplies:
Stamps: Vintage Circles, Picnic Patterns Stamp Sets - Waltzingmouse Stamps; Snowflake Stamp (unsure of manufacturer)
Cardstock: Real Red - Stampin Up; White - Papermill
Ink: Versamark; Real Red - stampin Up
Other: Circle Nestabilities - Spellbinders; Vintage cotton trim - Websters Pages; Little wooden santa - Crafty Bitz; Gingham ribbon - from stash
For details of soap making supplies, see this post!

8 comments:

cbuswell said...

Love it!! Another fabulous soap too!! Thanks for playing with the WMSC!! : )

Annelies said...

I love the little card/ornament! Nice stamp!

Kelly S. said...

ACK, Helen you are so creative! I love that little Santa, your gorgeous card, and the SOAP!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

This is so creative! I love it and I adore that little wooden Santa!! Great job!!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

WOW! What a beautiful project! Love the white embossing on your card! Thanks for playing along with the WMSC Helen :)

Claire Brennan said...

Helen!! exactly what planet have I been on to have missed your soap post?...that soap is fabulous!! I checked your other post, WOW! they look so professional, so gonna do this!!! Genius! and your gift set today is stunning, I love all he wee touches, the plaid, the white embossing, the stamped ribbon!! it's gorgeous, all of it!!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Waltzingmouse Stamps!

Savitri said...

Ooooh ,LOVE!!! The cute santa is just perfect!! Thanks for playing with the Mischief Makers this week!!!

Sarita said...

What fab creations, the soap idea is amazing and I love your customised ribbon,
Love Sarita xx