Tuesday, 20 July 2010

Waltzing Mouse Sketch Challenge 6

Hi there,

I have been trying to make something to share on the latest Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge blog, but time just hasn't allowed til now!! I had in the back of my mind that I needed to get it sorted before the boys break up from school for the Summer holidays this Thursday.
Well, Sketch 6 was a tricky one for me but I was glad to challenge myself again (after lots of staring into thin air, looking at blank sheets of cardstock etc -you know how it goes sometimes right?? It was however my boys and their total love and fascination with nature that inspired me. I decided on Butterflies after spending a good half hour in the garden quietly watching the most beautiful butterflies enjoying the sweet smelling Buddleia bush.

Here is the sketch....


and here's my card.....





The butterflies I used on my card are from a kit called "Flutterbies" by Hero Arts and I simply resized them in Word and printed them on Parchment paper to give them a more delicate, lighter feel than printing on Cardstock. I created the blue background by stamping the stem image from pic-nic patterns repeatedly until the whole card was covered. I am always really pleased to be able to combine several different stamp sets to create something really unique and personal.

Anyway, I do really hope you like it and thanks for looking :)

Supplies:
Stamps: Pic Nic Patterns, Fancy Phrases - Waltzingmouse Stamps; Friends til the End, Round & Round - PTI
Digital Butterfly Stamp: "Flutterbies" by Hero Arts Digital
Cardstock: Spring Rain, Lemon Tart: Papertrey Ink
Butterflies printed onto parchment paper
Circle Nestabilities: Spellbinders
Ink: Blue: Colorbox Queue Chalk Ink; Basic Black: Stampin' Up

10 comments:

Pauline said...

Beautiful Helen, love the different sized butterflies, and the blue and yellow combo is a bit of a theme in my house at the moment!

Joyce across the Pond said...

Well you couldn't do better than use butterflies....and Hero Arts do them so well....this card is very good and I so know what you mean about staring at blank card and into thin air....!! LOL!!

Jo N. said...

Hi, Oh how I love butterflies!! This is so wonderful - what an excellent idea to use the stem to make a whole background - Great Job, you've done it perfectly. Love the blue and yellow colours together - so fresh.

Mona L. Pendleton said...

What a sweet card! Love all the butterflies fluttering about!

Heidi said...

Helen this is so pretty! The butterflies look terrific with the blue background.

Julia Aston said...

wow - these butterflies are gorgeous! the colors you used on this are just lovely! great job on the sketch! thanks so much for playing this week!

Ann said...

Love this card! Gorgeous colours and that stamped leafy background is fabulous - very clever!

Jenny said...

What a gorgeous card, I love it!! :) :) :) :) :)

Carly said...

This card is absolutely stunning! WOW! I love everything about it! So fabulously creative!

Helen L said...

This is an amazing card!!! I love the colors, the butterflies, and your stamped background. Thanks for the lovely inspiration:-)