Thursday, 8 July 2010

Summertime - where did it go??

I enjoyed Chris's challenge over at A Passion for Papertrey so much (and they do make you feel SO welcome), that I thought I would have a go at their current challenge which is to make a 'Summertime' themed card. I really didn't have any particular layouts in mind until I thought back to my childhood memories of summer holidays and remembered running over the sand dunes with my sister at Hunstanton Beach on the East Coast. The rest of the card just followed from there really :).
The little flip-flop stamp had never been inked-up before so I was delighted to be able to use the image on this card, especially as I practically live in Flip-Flops during the summer. The blue polka dot parasol is actually an umbrella from the Scattered Showers stamp set and the sand dunes are cut out and layered from old Stampin Up Patterned Paper. The background pattern for the sky is from Background Basics - Retro.

I had fun playing along with this challenge and look forward to the next one!

Thanks for looking :)

Helen x





Supplies:
Stamps: Scattered Showers, Round & Round, Background Basics : Retro - PTI; Flip Flop stamp - Snag 'em Stamps by Imaginesce
Ink: Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores - PTI; Versamark; Barely Banana - Stampin Up; Blue Chalk ink by Colorbox
Cardstock: Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores - PTI; Patterned Papers - Stampin Up, Whisper White - Stampin Up
Other: Twine, White Embossing Powder - Stampin Up; Yellow Button - Hero Arts, Pink Flower Sequin & crystal gem from stash; Corner Rounder Punch - X-Cut; Sewing Machine & Cotton Thread.

12 comments:

Jo N. said...

Helen, this is a gorgeous, fun summery card. I LOVE it!! Great job!!

Emma said...

This just screams 'SUMMERTIME' to me - love everything about it - lovely colours, the sand dunes, being able to see the beautiful colour sea on the horizon and the cute flip-flops - just adorable!!

Antje said...

What a wonderful card - one wants just to jump inside and use the beach! Love how you did the dunes and put the flip-flops on top!

Tina said...

Helen, this is such a lovely beachscene, love it. It´s so hot here in Germany that I could jump right into the water on your card.

Hugs, Tina

Chris said...

What a great take ont he Scattered Showers set! Love those sand dunes especially!

Deb Neerman said...

This is fabulous! LOVE how you created your fun beach scene with DP ... clever and beautifully designed!

Emma said...

Woo I love this - what a fun and clever card.

Thanks for your sweet comment over at my place too :D

Emma x

Cristina said...

PERFECTLY summery. Very creative little sun, too!

Aimes said...

Oh what a fab use of stamps to create this scene! Totally takes me back to sea-side holidays as a kid too!
Thanks so much for joining in our challenge on A Passion for Papertrey!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Ann said...

Fabulous Helen! A proper seaside scene - just love those little flip-flops. Wouldn't you love to be sitting under that sunshade right now!

Pauline said...

Lovely sunny card, makes me want to go on holiday right now!

Monica Kulenovic said...

I love this card! It is so much fun. Congrats on being a Top 3 PTI Passionista for the summer challenge!