Saturday, 17 July 2010

July Friends of Waltzing Mouse Blog Waltz



Hello and welcome to my very small part in the HUGE monthly Waltzing Mouse Stamps Blog Waltz!! I am so excited to be a part of this again and can't wait to be inspired by such creative ladies!! The Waltz starts over at the Waltzing Mouse House Forum where you can pick up the threads should you wish to start at the beginning (definitely worth doing-you wouldn't want to miss out!!).

If I get time, I would really like to enter this into Kate & Aimes' current challenge over at the "A Passion for Papertrey" blog too.

Onto my card......The theme is the colours of summer... blue and green (any shades of your choosing). I hope the Kingfisher/teal blue colour I've used here are summery enough & still counts??!! I raided my mum's material stash as I knew I wanted to make a fabric flower, saw this silk & just fell in love!! This material is so beautiful in real life and I'm not sure that you will be able to see, but it is woven in such a way that it looks blue/green-depending which angle you're looking from. I used this fantastic post by the uber-talented Betsy Veldman to make the flower.




I used a few different stamps on this card but I am really pleased with how the scroll from Faux Fun Circles (Waltzing Mouse Stamps) fits so nicely around the flower!!

Anyway, I hope you have enjoyed the card and have a great time Waltzing around everyone else's blogs.

Supplies:
Stamps: Faux Fun Circles, Fancy Phrases, Pic-nic Patterns - Waltzing Mouse; Fillable Frames 1 - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Aqua Mist - Papertrey Ink; Certainly Celery, Tempting Turquoise - Stampin' Up
Cardstock: Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores - Papertrey Ink
Embellishments: Flower Centres - Websters Pages; Aqua Blue Rhinestones - Kaiser
Ribbon: Old Olive - Stampin' Up
Other: Small Scalloped Cirles Large - Spellbinders Nestabilities; Fillable Frames 1 Die; Foam Dimensional Adhesive, glue dots, tombow multi purpose glue; needle and thread.

34 comments:

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Lovely card, like the touch with the ribbon.

Sue W said...

Oops blogger is playing up not sure if my comment posted.
You and I chose a similar layout and I like yours more - Congrats.

Lynn Mercurio said...

Beautiful card, Helen. Love the creative flower and the subtle background of flourishes! Your ribbon treatment is just divine. Well done!

cbuswell said...

Gorgeous card, I love the royal blue flower and touches of bling!!

Joyce across the Pond said...

Very creative card, love it!

Sandie said...

Wow, that flower really pops out. Gorgeous.

Karen B. said...

Beautiful creation, I really enjoy how you've used the stamps to frame that amazing flower and the ribbon treatment around your sentiment is fantastic.

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Very pretty card! I like the flourish around the pretty flower & that sweet sentiment!

Bonnie said...

Love it and that flower is super! - I saw that post of Betsy's and still have to find the time to create one of these beauties!! Thanks for waltzing with us today!

Aimes said...

A simply fabulous card - I'm in love with that fabric flower!!!! Also love your use of a background stamp for just a vertical panel - very clever!
Thanks so much for joining in with our challenge on A Passion for Papertrey!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Antje said...

Love how you created the bg behind your flower - makes ist very elegant and love all the sparkle! TFS

Julia Aston said...

Your bg stamping looks wonderful on this Helen and your flower just pops off the screen in that brillian blue!

Joanne Gilch said...

Such gorgeous fabric and the flower is beautiful.

Jen Cuthbertson said...

I love the simple background you created - so elegant!! Great job!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Love that soft stamped background and your gorgeous flower. Beautiful card!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Helen, this is wonderful! So elegant!

Jen said...

Those lovely little scrolls around the flower with the little rhinestones ... It's almost like Tinkerbell came to visit! So pretty!
Thank you for sharing

Cassie_lu said...

you framed the flower so very well

Ann said...

That flower is gorgeous Helen and you are right about the scroll - its perfect! Beautiful card!

Ren-Yi said...

how adorable. the silk flower is such a bold statement and you balanced it out so well with the other embellishments and background stamping! just great.

Claire Brennan said...

Oh Helen, i love the unique stamped setting for your flower Helen!! such a beautifully detailed card! Thank you so much for waltzing with us @ Waltzingmouse Stamps!

Helen L said...

a really brilliant and beautiful card! It is so eye-catching and pretty! (and from one Helen to another, such an uncommon name: were you named after someone as I was? It was my grandmother for me.)
thanks for sharing

Vera said...

Such an elegant card! I love your ribbon treatment!

Heather said...

Ooh, glory bee, but this is beautiful! This blue really pops in a lovely way :)

Heidi said...

Wow Helen this is gorgeous! I love the way you stamped the background for your beautiful flower!!

Charmaine Stack said...

That background stamping is so neat - the Picnic Pattern somehow makes me think of champagne bubbles - it is so light and airy looking, and the flourish treatment is lovely. A wonderful card.

Wendy said...

I am loving these blues & greens. Lovely card.

Pauline said...

So pretty Helen, love the stamped panel and the flower is beautiful, great job!

Emma said...

Hi, Gorgeous card!! The blue and green colours together are just delicious! I love the little gem stone twinkly bits too x

Rachel Webber said...

Beautiful card & really love that fabric flower

Belinda said...

Absolutely lovely! The stamped panel bg is just perfect and the flower just pops!

anya said...

Oooh! So pretty Helen! I love the patterned strip right down the middle! Super card - so glad you could waltz with us!

Tracey Cuccia said...

oooooh - so bold and so luscious!! LOVE it! Gorgeous colors together -- aaahhhhh

Chris said...

I just LOVE that flower - beautiful!