Saturday, 1 May 2010

Happy 1st Birthday Waltzing Mouse Stamps !!

Hi everyone,

The lovely, wonderful & talented Claire of Waltzing Mouse Stamps has a new challenge on her blog to create a card using the following sketch and be in with a chance to win a Whopping 8 brand new stamps sets due to be released today, May 1st. Well, I have to say that I would be in absolute HEAVEN if I won this prize as I absolutely adore Waltzing Mouse Stamps.



Anyway,...without further ado, here's my take on "The Biggie" sketch.....







I don't know if the photo shows it, but I cut the flowers out from some flocked patterned papers. I added some stitching onto the background stamped with the leaf sprig image from Faux Fun Circles(I can stitch straight - honest!!) but didn't want anything too perfect/regular!!! Stitching in a circle is harder than it looks! I also inked around the edge of the Kraft card base with a little cream ink - just to soften it a little. Well, using black is definitely out of my comfort zone, but I love the finished card.

Thanks so much for taking the time to look at my card.

Hope to see you again!

Helen x

Supplies:

Stamps(all Waltzing Mouse): Roses in bloom, Faux Fun Circles, Vintage Circles Small
Patterned Paper: DCWV - La Creme matstack
Kraft Cardstock: Bazill
Ink: Basic Black-Stampin Up; Vintage Cream-PTI
Adhesive Pearls - KaiserCraft
Other: Sewing Machine, Cream Cotton Thread, Dimensional foam adhesive

13 comments:

Angela Mclean said...

Very elegant indeed and love how you've used the pattern paper too!
Angela xxx.

Pauline said...

Stunningly beautiful card, love the stitching on it. Pauline x

Jo N said...

Beautiful card - especially love the flocked paper flowers combined with the stitching. Also love the background you created stamping on top of the patterned paper. Very sophisticated design.

Claire Brennan said...

Fabulous card Helen! very stylish, love the wee background paper you made! so glad you played along! good luck!

Claire F said...

I love this card, the detail on it is amazing a real piece of art.

Emma said...

Really beautiful card honey! I love the colours and the detail of the flowers and pearls. I always love your cards but this one is particularly gorgeous!! Em x

Mel said...

This is a stunning card Helen. I particularly like the flocked paper flowers!

humblechan said...

What an elegant and beautiful card, Helen! I love the flocked flowers, the stitching, and how the leaf sprig from Waltzingmouse looks like it was meant to be on that patterned paper. Gorgeous! :o)

cristinoel said...

P.S. Your card sure looks nice!

cristinoel said...

I saw your comment on my blog; thanks for the compliment. I love that li'l mouse too!

Sandra said...

Gorgeous card Helen...love the flowers,lovely work,
San x

Gini said...

Aawww Helen, we didn't win the stamps - sigh!
Still you have make a beautiful card, it is so chic and stylish, love it. :-)
I've been right back through your archives to your first post, you make such lovely cards!
I've enjoyed my crafting loads more since joining the crafting internet community and joining in with challenges.
Hope you have a great long weekend!
Gini
xx

Lisa said...

Such a beautiful card and a lovely sentiment too...very classy design, I especially love the detailing of the stitching and the pearls on the flowers. It has a really timeless feel to it, I love it! Lisa xxx