Saturday, 17 April 2010

April Waltzing Mouse Blog Waltz





Hi there,

Just dropping in to share a Mothers Day card for this afternoon's Blog Waltz over at Waltzing Mouse Forum. If you get stuck you can always link back to the Waltzing Mouse Blog where you will find a direct link to the Forum.

The theme for this month's Waltz is Mothers Day. Mothers Day was back in March here in the UK, but to be honest, I never need an excuse to make my mum a card and thought this would make a great Birthday Card for her in August.

I decided to make my own decorative pins and use them as embellishments - they seemed so expensive to buy here and I had some pearl headed dress-makers pins, some glass beads and some little pearls in my stash and I'm really pleased with how they turned out. It's especially nice for my mum to think that my Granny's beads are being recycled and made into something pretty again!! I also wanted make a special mention to my mum, who crocheted the gorgeous little flower attached to the centre of the button - I really must try to learn how to do this!!




Putting the pins together...



All those lovely glass beads...



Thanks for visiting today - I hope you enjoy the rest of the "Waltz" and thanks especially to Claire and the Waltzing Mouse DT for all their daily inspiration.

Helen x

Supplies:
Stamps:: Waltzing Mouse Stamps: Roses in Bloom (Sentiment); Seasons of Love - Tags (Heart); Very Vintage Christmas (Ornate Square - see background)
Ink:: SU-Perfect Plum; PTI-Aqua Mist; Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Antique Linen
Cardstock:: Aqua, White - Papermill
Other: Spellbinders Shapeabilities - Fancy Tags; Ribbon, pins, beads from my stash, dimensional adhesive foam pads, glue dots

27 comments:

Lee said...

Love those pins. Great idea.

craftymom205 said...

Beautiful card. Love the colors.

Melanie said...

Ohhhh that's so pretty!

Claire Brennan said...

Helen, this is stunning, the beaded pins are fab!!! and the wee crocheted flower is just superb, your mum must have eyes like a hawk!! and I love the background you made, with the wee squares from Vintage Christmas, that works so well! Gorgeous Helen, Thank you so much for waltzing with us!!

Angela Mclean said...

Oh, this is exquisite! LOVE the bead pin... and thanks so much for the tutorial! Your mum's crochet is awesome also.
Hugs,
Angela xxx.

Verna said...

Beautiful, soft colors - so pretty!

Carly said...

This is so soft and pretty! I love the shabby chic look. Gorgeous!

Pauline said...

Wow, what a stunner! How lovely that you have incorporated your grandmother beads for embellising, and the little crocheted flower is a wonderful touch. Love the colours you have used too, Pauline x

Belinda said...

Oh so pretty! Love the bead pins you created! Perfect touch!

Joan B said...

Oh wow! I never have the nerve to use those pins. This is gorgeous

Sharli said...

I think stunning is just the right word!
I'm speechless! This is a gorgeous card, if I was your Mom I would be crying!

Gail's Card Cafe' said...

so pretty :)

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Oh, Helen, this is just GORGEOUS!!! I love the lace and pearls and stick pins!!!

Thanks for joining us on the Waltz!
Lisa

Genevieve said...

So soft & beautiful :)

Genevieve said...

So soft & beautiful :)

Debbie said...

A very pretty card, I love your pins.... beautiful.

Laurie Marmon said...

I think your mom will love this card! I like all the delicate details. Very cool to reuse elements that you already had for the pins. And that little flower is just too cute!

Julia Aston said...

Oh, my - Oh, My! this is so soft and lovely! what a wonderful design - love the beaded pins, the crocheted flower - the quilt panels - the pinks and blues - great Mother's Day Card!

Jill S said...

Such a fantastic card. I love the shabby chic look - so elegant.

Joanne Gilch said...

Oh, the inspiration that you have created here today. I'll bet everyone's abuzz on getting their own pins made with the beads that they have! I know that I am. Gorgeous card, just so beautiful!

Charmaine Stack said...

This is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing how you made the pins.

Janelle said...

Very stunning. Love all the WMS layers.

Rachel Webber said...

Stunning, and I love the subtle colours

Stephanie Kraft said...

Helen, this is just gorgeous! Love your pins!!

Janet said...

That's gorgeous! I'll have to try the pins myself....they look lovely

Sofia ;) said...

The pins look amazing!!! Lovely card!!

Taheerah said...

Very pretty, I love the pin detail!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving such a lovely comment!